300C SRT Build Getting Close. Door baffles done PICS

hemi4me?
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
300C SRT8 Silver

Stock Nav deck with PAC audio LOC

Dynaudio 360 (8", 4", 1.1" tweeter and passives) installed in doors, and kick panels

Image Dynamics 10" subs infinite baffle rear deck

Zapco DRC digital amp controller

Zapco DC650.6 Digital amp with crossover, 10 band eq and way more than I can tune.

Got the doors done. Or should I say door... I had installed the whole system and decided to change the Dynaudio 6.75" to the 8" model for more midbass. The MW160 sounded very good I assume these will only sound better. Gotto love the 3" voice Coil.

The object with the door install was to get the door as solid as possible. The door was dynamatted previously but now I upgraded from 6.75" speaker to a 8" driver. These speakers are a full 8" across Dynaudio MW170 (there is a 4" and 1.1" in the kick panels with crossovers).

First I wanted an angle (like the factory baffle), I wanted the speaker out a lil from the door (to fit the large magnet) and I wanted it solid as a rock. This angled baffle I made is basically 2 pieces of 3/4" MDF with some 1.25" wood legs on the bottom to make an angle. I filled the open areas in the wood with foam and I added layers of fiberglass to the inside and outside of the foam creating a super strong fiber glasses angled baffle to mount the speaker.

I mounted the MDF baffle to the door with some hot glue to hold it in place, some JB weld and finally I screwed the baffle in place - secured it to the metal doors skin. After the baffle was secured I tried a trick I saw on all the car audio forums using NON HARDENING Modeling clay to reduce vibration and fill any voids caused by the shape of the hole and the door.

The plastic door panel was trimmed a lil to get it to fit over the 8" driver, and a new piece will have to be constructed to flush the speaker to the panel. I have not figured this out yet, but Im sure it will require a lil more fiberglass and the stock speaker cover!

Once I get the system playing again, I will let you all know what I think of the new baffle. So far it looks way better than the last set up I made and the speaker is bigger so it should sound great! If you have any pics or suggestions how to make the cover piece I would appreciate seeing them!

I will post some pics of the rear deck soon!

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

This is my first build, but I decided to make some kicks for the sealed 4" speaker, and the 1.1" soft tweeter. The did not need sealed since the 4" was a sealed speaker. It was pretty easy with just some 1/2" MDF and some bondo glass. I covered them in a matching vinyl I think they look pretty cool for the first time!

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

The read deck is my favorite part... I was thinking the thing wold rattle like crazy and I would hate it. I was wrong. Its as solid as could be, and it sounds perfect to me. I am not a huge bass head, and I wanted less trunk rattle, I wanted better SQ and I wanted something that looked different than all the other SRT8 300C I have seen. I think this did it. The speakers are 10" Image Dynamics IDQ - When I originally got these I didnt think I would have a lot of power to run them, and I wanted to be sure they would fit under the glass in the deck. Who knows maybe I could upgrade some day to the MAX.

I used 3/4 MDF, 2 cans of spray foam, 3 layers of dynamat and 6 long bolts with washers on both ends.

I am happy with the results again I never tried anything like this before. I made the baffle and Chad From Xtreme Audio in Apache Junction AZ made the trim piece for me. He did a great job, I love the look.

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

The car is below. Has a Tactite Gray Roof, Gray Magnum SRT wheels, Pedders Race Suspension, Air Intake, Diablo tuner, Grip Grille color matched, black painted head light housings... More. I have had 5 sets of wheels, here are some pics.

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

That is one sexy looking car. I think I like the SRT-10 wheels a bit better but either one looks killer. With the stuff your installing it should sound just as sweet too, specially with all the deadening. The lower kick panels blend in to the rest really nicely.

Keep up the good work and post some more pics. I'm guessing the amps are going in the trunk somewhere.

Wow thank you guys for all the compliments. The trunk is not done, I chose a carpet I did not like, and the installer didnt do the best job trimming it out. I decided to go with a different carpet, and I was working on the doors for way too long.

Hope to get the trunk DONE soon.

Here are some pics of what I have so far in the trunk (just the amp, ZAPCO DC650.6)

IMG_0651-1.jpg

IMG_0648-1.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.