3 way setups

My first attempt at car audio was an 3-way up front and subs in the 6x9 location. No box, 2 sets of clubs, 4 pairs of shoes, and a bunch of gloves. My rolling locker room. Here is a picture of my setup.
PICT4138.jpg

Hmm. i too will be running a 3 way at some point this year. Im going to have my id xs65 as my midbass, hybrid L3 as mid and still in the air on my tweeter but either my xs28 or one of the hybrid tweeters. Since my headunit is only 3 way active capable and i still plan to run at least one of my idmax subs im going to have to run the L3 and tweeter passive, yet active if that makes since? my mid/tweeter will be in my a pillars so time alignment should not be an issue.

oh and im going to buy another dls a2 and run one dls a2 to each midbass and im going to bridge the dls a4 and run each side of it to my mid/tweeter. Should be a fun install //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Hmm. i too will be running a 3 way at some point this year. Im going to have my id xs65 as my midbass, hybrid L3 as mid and still in the air on my tweeter but either my xs28 or one of the hybrid tweeters. Since my headunit is only 3 way active capable and i still plan to run at least one of my idmax subs im going to have to run the L3 and tweeter passive, yet active if that makes since? my mid/tweeter will be in my a pillars so time alignment should not be an issue.
oh and im going to buy another dls a2 and run one dls a2 to each midbass and im going to bridge the dls a4 and run each side of it to my mid/tweeter. Should be a fun install //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
time alignment won't be much of an issue, but level/balance might, 'cause the T/A setting will affect the midrange freqs more than the highs.

why not just stick with 2way if you have the xs65 set?

i get bored and like to waste money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

but yeah i suppose the level/balance might be a bit of an issue. Im going to get the most out of what i have now before i make any drastic changes. I want to make sure everything is as ideal as it can be before purchasing more. However, Im going to deaden/mlv the rest of my car before any other equipment is purchased. That will help out a bit

Tweeters/Mids on the dash or the a-pillars, midbasses in the doors. Makes tuning much, much easier and gives you great depth/level.

DSC04442.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I don't know how you guys can drive with that big of an intrusion in your field of vision. I'd rather see someone chatting on a cell phone than driving around with obstructions like that.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bigaudiofanati2

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
bigaudiofanati2
Bridgeton, NJ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date