Rainbow SLC 265.25 NG need some help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Terranova
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CA
I finallly got around to putting my rainbows in and they sound AWESOME but I'm having a problem with the right tweeter. When at high volume the right tweeter occasionally will cut out and I have to turn it down then turn it back up. What's weird is it doesn't do that with the left side tweeter only the right. Is there a setting I have to change on the crossover or is the tweeter faulty. I need to get a scope to check for clipping. Anyone know where you can rent one? I know they are expensive.

i have the same problem with my Polk SR, i think the crossover problem you can take the crossover from the left and put them to the right, if they sound ok then the crossover goes bad but if they still doing it then the tweeter is bad, got it? that's how i test mine

i have the same problem with my Polk SR, i think the crossover problem you can take the crossover from the left and put them to the right, if they sound ok then the crossover goes bad but if they still doing it then the tweeter is bad, got it? that's how i test mine

The tweeter may be going into protect mode, you may have a faulty ch on your amp as well. swap x overs and see what happens.
That's where it's weird. I had no problems at all with my Phoenix gold rsd mids and the alpine type x tweeters and crossovers. Only having problems with the rainbows. What is the max safe wattage I can send to these? I was giving my Phoenix golds 150rms my HPF is at 160 through the deck. Are the rainbows capable of taking 150rms?

The rainbows have a protection circuit more than likely much different than the other comps you ran, you can bypass the bulbs in the SLC crossovers with jumper wires and they shouldn't cut out anymore.

If you're causing the bulbs to activate and protect the tweeter, you certainly don't want to remove/bypass them. The result will be the death of your tweeters.

Find out if you're clipping them or just over-powering them and rectify the problem.

Here's a quick read on your topic.

The Why and How of Tweeter Protection

The SLC's tweeter protection tends to come on a bit early from what I'm seeing/hearing from all the sets I've installed/sold so... bypassing the bulb is stated in the manual as well.

The SLC's tweeter protection tends to come on a bit early from what I'm seeing/hearing from all the sets I've installed/sold so... bypassing the bulb is stated in the manual as well.
Interesting. Do they still warranty the drivers if you bypass the bulb and have a coil failure?

Welcome back, BTW!

Not too sure, but that's not something I've heard of them asking about if a warranty replacement is required.

Thanks, I won't be on here much, that whole fiasco left a bad taste in my mouth.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.