3-way components

Matador
10+ year member

-= StillBumping =-
Ca
I am customizing the botton half of my door panels and i am thinking of puttin a 3 way component. Looking at cdt, crystal and focal. Prob going to settle with cdt just cuz of budget.

they usu come with a 1'' tweeter, 4'' midrange, and 6.5'' midbass. i m putting the midrange n midbass in the doors. Is there an order that they should be in, like midbass being the closest n midrange the farthest? also, what bout enclosures, would i benefit if i put the midrange in a separate enclosure, and then use the whole door as the midbass's enclosure?

i am trying to think which way it would be better. since i m buildin the whole bottom part, it would be better to know in which order they will be.

Kick Panels... 4" midrange and 1" Tweeter together, close as possible.

6.5" MidBass in the doors, just dynamat the hell out of the door and try and stop all air leaks. Done.

As long as you get them as far forward as possible and keeps them as close together as possible, it doesn't matter what order they go in. I would put them in a tight triangle with a small chamber behind the mid range and a properly sized enclosure behind the midbass, tapping into the space inside the door as needed. Angle the mid up and back if possible and aim the tweet for best imaging.

3 way comps? hmm i should think about that. na, i'm too lazy. i

f u have dash openings put the midrange in there(3.5's might fit, but depends on what u want), tweeters in the a pillar, and the 6.5's in the door.

only problem is there not close together.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.