3-way Component Speaker wiring to 2-way?

Participant count
  • Participants list

jsnichols2

CarAudio.com Newbie
OK,

This may be kinda nooby, but I had a theoretical question about wiring that I can't seem to nail down. I have my eye on a 3-way component system but really don't have a good spot at the moment to mount the 3.5" mid without doing some pretty heavy-duty A-pillar mods or buying expensive-ass dash pods I don't have $ for. If I wanted to just hook up the 6.5 midbass and the tweeters for now is it as easy as connecting + and - output wires from the midbass and midrange section of the passive crossover and connecting them to the midbass speaker, or is this a bad idea and I should be ashamed of even thinking about it? Keep in mind I don't have a DSP at the moment or a network-capable HU so that's out of the equation. Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.