3 way component question

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I have a 2002 corvette coupe. Stock speaker locations are the doors only (and the rear wheel well areas). I have custom inserted 2 small 3.5" coax speakers in the dash. I run those off the front channel of my head unit and then run the 2 way door component speakers off the rear channel. Its ok. But Iam looking for better. My question is...if I were to buy a 3 way component set and place the midrange in the dash, tweeter on the A pillar and then the woofer in the door would that sound better? I then could hook up rear speakers onto the rear channel and have some fill in back. My main concern is woofer is in the door, midrange is in the dash and tweeter on A pillar. Are the speakers too far apart? will that cause a weird sound stage or will it sound good? The C5 Corvette has a rather large interior space. Very wide. Also can you run a 3 way component system right off a Pioneer AVH-5800BHS double din 50x4 head unit? I don't want or need another amp as I don't listen to it very loud. Typically 10-15 for me. Never nothing above 20 even with the roof off. I have an amp powering the sub and its fine.

Thanks for any help. My goal is to make my soundstage be full. I think by running the 2 way components and the 3.5 coax was creating off axis issues? I dunno just sounded like not enough midrange.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.