3 way active(+ subs) system speaker suggestions

Axman-67

I'm looking for suggestions on speakers(6.5, 3, and tweeter) looking to spend less then 1000$ CAD total. Id prefer a first hand opinion.I'm in the planning stage of my build but thus far equipment wise I have 3 Phoenix gold titanium amps (1200.1(running 2 re audio S.E.Xv2 at 2 ohm) 475.4( to be used for mid range and tweeter 75 RMS @4 ohm per channel) and 400.2( 100RMS @ 4 ohm per channel, for mid bass) I also have a audison bit ten and a PG powercore 15, also my music preference is mostly rock/alternative.

Thanks in advance

I'm looking for suggestions on speakers(6.5, 3, and tweeter) looking to spend less then 1000$ CAD total. Id prefer a first hand opinion.I'm in the planning stage of my build but thus far equipment wise I have 3 Phoenix gold titanium amps (1200.1(running 2 re audio S.E.Xv2 at 2 ohm) 475.4( to be used for mid range and tweeter 75 RMS @4 ohm per channel) and 400.2( 100RMS @ 4 ohm per channel, for mid bass) I also have a audison bit ten and a PG powercore 15, also my music preference is mostly rock/alternative.Thanks in advance
Peerless by Tymphany 830946 6-1/2" Paper Cone Woofer Speaker 4 Ohm

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-4-midrange/scanspeak-discovery-10f/4424g-4-midrange-4-ohm/

pair 2pcs alpine HIEND 28MM tweeter 4ohm 50W vifa XT25 PK seas scanspeak morel | eBay

the last is a tweeter that many on Diyma run, its a legit tweet from a high end Alpine set. it seems t be from a large overstock from a years back. No one really knows the story tbh but they have been tested and are legit.

use the rest of the money on a C-dsp.

https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/c-dsp-6x8

https://www.minidsp.com/products/acoustic-measurement/umik-1

First-timers guide to measuring your system - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

That is a very well thought out post.

BTW - I am one of those running the Alpine SPX tweeters you linked, very happy with them. I have them in PVC caps on axis on the dash in a 2 way setup full active. Very very happy with them.

That is a very well thought out post.
BTW - I am one of those running the Alpine SPX tweeters you linked, very happy with them. I have them in PVC caps on axis on the dash in a 2 way setup full active. Very very happy with them.
I just ordered a set of those tweeters. Better hurry if you want a set. Seems like the guy is going up on the price so that tells me he might be getting low on stock.

here is how mine are setup

3149t6v.jpg

I'm looking for suggestions on speakers(6.5, 3, and tweeter) looking to spend less then 1000$ CAD total. Id prefer a first hand opinion.I'm in the planning stage of my build but thus far equipment wise I have 3 Phoenix gold titanium amps (1200.1(running 2 re audio S.E.Xv2 at 2 ohm) 475.4( to be used for mid range and tweeter 75 RMS @4 ohm per channel) and 400.2( 100RMS @ 4 ohm per channel, for mid bass) I also have a audison bit ten and a PG powercore 15, also my music preference is mostly rock/alternative.Thanks in advance
I have a set of unicorns for sale but I want $1500 cad + shipping. I have the matching sub also.

I'm a bit concerned about the power handling on that mid-range. I have some what of apreference towards having the same series speakers. Any thoughts on the audison voce series? I found them last night I'm thinking the k6(minus the crossover)+ the 3.0, as for the c-dsp i got a very good deal for the bit ten which is a dsp and has a 31 band EQ built in which i plan on EQing with a dayton omnimic v2

I'm a bit concerned about the power handling on that mid-range. I have some what of apreference towards having the same series speakers. Any thoughts on the audison voce series? I found them last night I'm thinking the k6(minus the crossover)+ the 3.0, as for the c-dsp i got a very good deal for the bit ten which is a dsp and has a 31 band EQ built in which i plan on EQing with a dayton omnimic v2
Dont sorry about the power handling. I believe thats rated for full range. I have 150rms on mine. No issues.

Voces are nice

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.