3-way active crossover

do you know where to look to find midbass drivers that extend to 50hz?
I can make suggestions, but I can't guarantee your satisfaction. A midbass driver that can play well down to 50 Hz in a door is also going to require a lot of power. A powerful subwoofer setup is going to make level matching to the midbass a very difficult task. If you can live with turning the subs down when you want it to sound more balanced that will make this easier.

Most subwoofers won't play very high because of inductance. They may seem to play those frequencies on paper, but in the real world they won't.
There is still a much longer list of subs that will play above 60hz than midbasses that will play below it, IMO. trying to get a 6.5inch mid below 60hz is just fighting physics. Sure it can play it, but ultimately how loud is going to come down to total displacement ability and 6 and even 8inch cones really aren't THAT big for a lot of of 50 and 60hz bass. Plus you have to fight the fact that your door is a ****** enclosure lol. Much easier to find a sub that can get up to 80hz without issues, have a rock solid enclosure and lots of power from a class d amp..

Anyway to OP, now that you realize there are several HU's that can do what you want and the label of the channels isnt' a requirement.. WHY do you need your midbasses to go down to 50hz?

I can make suggestions, but I can't guarantee your satisfaction. A midbass driver that can play well down to 50 Hz in a door is also going to require a lot of power. A powerful subwoofer setup is going to make level matching to the midbass a very difficult task. If you can live with turning the subs down when you want it to sound more balanced that will make this easier.
I recognize the drawbacks. the advantage is super deep bass from the sub. what do you think about these-

Audiobahn AMD60H 6 5" 300W RMS Murdered Out Mid Bass Midrange Drivers Pair New | eBay

Fountek FW200 8" Aluminum Midwoofer Speaker 8 Ohms 150W 88 DB 1 42" Coil | eBay

Fountek 6 5" Aluminum Midwoofer Speaker FW168 8 Ohms 100W 87 3 DB 1 42" Coil | eBay

they all play below 50, and if the fs is specified that's below 50 as well.

"Faraday cage" listed on the Audiobahn drivers when it's a useless piece wrapped around the magnet makes that a definite "no" in my opinion. The Fountek drivers are likely listed on Parts-Express.com and you might find reviews from people who have tried them in car doors.

WHY do you need your midbasses to go down to 50hz?
the sub can't play above 60 worth crap, and it really should be crossed at 50. it's a re audio xxx, one of those 'low-end monster' subs thats only good for super deep bass, but really good at it. midbass is essentially required to play the frequencies it misses.

"Faraday cage" listed on the Audiobahn drivers when it's a useless piece wrapped around the magnet makes that a definite "no" in my opinion. The Fountek drivers are likely listed on Parts-Express.com and you might find reviews from people who have tried them in car doors.
actually parts-express is where I found them. there are no reviews there. The prices on ebay are the same as on parts-express and I'd rather deal through ebay.

lol @ faraday cage, we trying to protect it from emp pulses and nearby tesla coils? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Kinda forgot about the thread, sorry... heres a pic anyways..

7941-20140303-182152-resized.jpg

Sub low pass settings are 180, 120, 80, 50hz

Rear mid and front mid is low pass flat, 2.4k, 3.5k, 5khz and high pass flat, 180, 120, 80hz

Rear and Front high pass are 2.4k, 3.5k, 5k, 7khz

Kinda forgot about the thread, sorry... heres a pic anyways..
no prob man, this thread has mostly been about midbass drivers recently anyway. does setting the high pass to flat just turn off the high pass, or does it set it to whatever the sub low pass is?

is the mclaren the only good recommendation so far? this thread did kind of side track into midbass drivers...
to clear a few things up before people post-
1. i don't want an hu that does crossover instead of an external crossover.
2. the crossover does not have to be active.
3. the outputs should be high, mid, low.
4. i've moved on from the blitz i originally posted.

@Joebobclark; do you like the mclaren? does it seem like a high quality unit? does its s/n ratio of 105db seem legit(it doesn't introduce noise)? Thanks for answering the questions and posting pics.

Ive only had it hooked up for some minimal testing... But its seems very well built and fits the bill for what I plan to run...

Im going to run, 2 custom 15's on the sub out, 4 8" Crescendo PWX's BP'd on rear mid, 4 6.5" Crescendo PWX's BP'd on the front mid, 2 4" Fatial Extended Fullranges HP'd on the rear and 4 Crescendo RTS tweets HP'd on the front.

Ive only had it hooked up for some minimal testing... But its seems very well built and fits the bill for what I plan to run...
Im going to run, 2 custom 15's on the sub out, 4 8" Crescendo PWX's BP'd on rear mid, 4 6.5" Crescendo PWX's BP'd on the front mid, 2 4" Fatial Extended Fullranges HP'd on the rear and 4 Crescendo RTS tweets HP'd on the front.
sounds like a pretty awesome system to me. good luck with the build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.