3-way active crossover

I purchased my Audiocontrol 6XS and it does all that you want it to. The only downside I see to it is that I had to buy specific crossover modules to make my crossover work perfect. However I run a unique set up

the mclaren looks great because it can crossover front and rear, but I can't find any decent pictures. The lanzar's croosover for the subwoofer isn't adjustable enough.

I purchased my Audiocontrol 6XS and it does all that you want it to. The only downside I see to it is that I had to buy specific crossover modules to make my crossover work perfect. However I run a unique set up
the 6xs is hella expensive and you have to buy modules to adjust it. hell naw. thx for the suggestion any way

the mclaren looks great because it can crossover front and rear, but I can't find any decent pictures. The lanzar's croosover for the subwoofer isn't adjustable enough.

the 6xs is hella expensive and you have to buy modules to adjust it. hell naw. thx for the suggestion any way
Its only $200....

I can snap a few pics if you like... What exactly you looking for?

you can make your own for pennies, just need the correct number of resistors. you don't need the other pieces the legs will fit right in. another cool thing for even cheaper is 2 Audiocontrol 2XS units to get complete 3 way with a bandpassed mid. I did that for right around $100. OP if you're not willing to spend the $100-200 for a 3 way active crossover network maybe you should reconsider and go passive. seriously if you are constantly changing crossover points than you are doing it wrong.

you can make your own for pennies, just need the correct number of resistors. you don't need the other pieces the legs will fit right in. another cool thing for even cheaper is 2 Audiocontrol 2XS units to get complete 3 way with a bandpassed mid. I did that for right around $100. OP if you're not willing to spend the $100-200 for a 3 way active crossover network maybe you should reconsider and go passive. seriously if you are constantly changing crossover points than you are doing it wrong.
My Audiocontrol 6xs runs full active with my mids bandpassed. Even since I bought my modules from Audiocontrol (only cost $50) I could have made them in fact I did that before. Also look at the Crossover slope the Audiocontrol is 24db while the blitz you are looking at is only a 12db slope and it's rebuilt/ repaired unit. You truly get what you pay for with this. However if you bump up you budget just a lil bit I would consider:

Clarion MCD360 Car Audio 3 Way Crossover System 6 Channel Line Level Outputs | eBay

This would up your crossover slope/ protection to 18db and be brand new with a warranty

I'm interested in the mclaren because its only 80$-

Rex Electronics Inc McLaren 5 Way Crossover | eBay

I don't even know if its active and I really don't care anymore, because for the extra price of an active I can easily buy some line drivers if I need them anyway(I probably won't).

My Audiocontrol 6xs runs full active with my mids bandpassed. Even since I bought my modules from Audiocontrol (only cost $50) I could have made them in fact I did that before. Also look at the Crossover slope the Audiocontrol is 24db while the blitz you are looking at is only a 12db slope and it's rebuilt/ repaired unit. You truly get what you pay for with this. However if you bump up you budget just a lil bit I would consider:Clarion MCD360 Car Audio 3 Way Crossover System 6 Channel Line Level Outputs | eBay

This would up your crossover slope/ protection to 18db and be brand new with a warranty
You're right, i've moved on from the blitz. the problem with the one you suggested is that it splits to front, rear, and sub. I need high, mid, low. The mclaren I'm looking at right now splits into all of the above(sub, front mid, front high, rear mid, rear high). plus the 80$ is for a brand new one.

I'm interested in the mclaren because its only 80$-Rex Electronics Inc McLaren 5 Way Crossover | eBay

I don't even know if its active and I really don't care anymore, because for the extra price of an active I can easily buy some line drivers if I need them anyway(I probably won't).

You're right, i've moved on from the blitz. the problem with the one you suggested is that it splits to front, rear, and sub. I need high, mid, low. The mclaren I'm looking at right now splits into all of the above(sub, front mid, front high, rear mid, rear high). plus the 80$ is for a brand new one.
Whats speakers do you have and where are you trying to cross them over?

Whats speakers do you have and where are you trying to cross them over?
the sub is a re audio xxx 15, which I plan to buy, is only good below 60hz. so it needs a midbass system to back it up. the sub should be crossed over at about 50hz, the midbass drivers haven't been decided so I don't know where their top end will be. the highs will be above that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.