3" Mids?

Participant count
  • Participants list

ThxOne
Premium Member

The Boss
I have ordered some speaker pods that will hold 3"-4" mids and 1"+ tweeters. I have been looking for a good 3" - 3.5" mid for my 3-way active front. Is there ANY reason I should NOT get a pair of Audison AV-3.0 3" mids? $180 new. Would you suggest something different at that price or below that would be a better choice? I have 3 sets of tweeters, of which, the Dayton Ti domes are the closest in sensitivity @95db to the AV-3.0 @92db.

Audiofrog is out.

Just curious... the 3.5" DS18 all over ebay... Cheap crap or decent deal? I don't know anything about DS18.

They are going to be on axis.

I ordered pods as I want them to be portable, as in transferable to my next vehicle (probably a Jeep GC 99-04)

DS18 equals cheap chinese garbage, bottom of the barrel kind of stuff. Audison makes some nice speakers in the mid-bass and mid-range speaker lines. CDT Audio has some nice stuff as well out now, ICR if they have 3" mid range speakers though.

i got a pair of infinity perfect 300m (3.5") i will get rid of for cheap
I am interested. I have looked at those speakers as well, however I don't know the mounting depth of these pods yet. I am assuming near 70mm. I think the Infinitys are near 45mm deep from a top mount. PM me a price please.

Attachments

• pods2.jpg
    pods2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 127
  • Speaker pods mms.jpg
    Speaker pods mms.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 112
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.