3 Kings Audio Warning from Sundown

TerryMorgan
10+ year member

I know this is a repost from the Sundown audio forum here but I didn't even know about this until my friend told me about it so I figured I'd post it in General so everybody would be notified, apparently 3 Kings Audio is causing problems for Sundown and Jacob by selling Sundown audio products of questionable authenticity and condition (and with no warranty). //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif:rage://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

The thread's original link is here: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/sundown-audio/581850-3-kings-not-authorized-sundown-dealer.html

People, this is standard procedure for a manufacturer concerned with protecting the supply chain. It is not an admission that someone is making counterfeit product. This is about a breach of contract and protecting the brand. Does it seem surprising? I wish more manufacturers would do this.

sundown just wants to maintain prestige and doesnt want to be sold in the same online store that sells boss and power accoustik and are pissed kuz one of their dealer/vendors cut a deal with 3kings behind their backs.

Our focus is primarily brick & mortar dealers and distribution that serves these retailers so we have kept the number of online dealers limited and we have turned down several large / stocking online retailers due to this fact.

sundown just wants to maintain prestige and doesnt want to be sold in the same online store that sells boss and power accoustik and are pissed kuz one of their dealer/vendors cut a deal with 3kings behind their backs.
It is also a VERY poor way to start "attempting" to build a relationship with a brand by coming out of the gate back-dooring a product and breaking MAP rules.

I know this is a repost from the Sundown audio forum here but I didn't even know about this until my friend told me about it so I figured I'd post it in General so everybody would be notified, apparently 3 Kings Audio is causing problems for Sundown and Jacob by selling Sundown audio products of questionable authenticity and condition (and with no warranty). //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif:rage://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif
The thread's original link is here: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/sundown-audio/581850-3-kings-not-authorized-sundown-dealer.html
So what was the point in reposting this?

why did you repost this op. guys if you buy stuff off amazon most likely it doesnt have warranty, onlinecarstereogiant doesnt have authorized warranty. much stuff from sonic elec doesnt have authorized warranty. its shtty way of buisness and i feel sundown should find the dealer and pull their products from 3kings. but that doesnt mean3 kings is bad, there just trying to supply a product that in demand, everybody has to eat. and op 3 kings will provide an in housr warranty just like MANY other companies do when they sell unauthorized products. just hopefully they stand by it. ( sorry for bad grammer, im on mobile)

The car audio industry is slowly dying off because manufacturers are cutting quality to cut costs at end and its a fast race to zero. Look at how many established brands died out not just because our economy took a hit but our industry did as well. Little companies like Sundown and FI Audio that are trying to bring quality back to the market and industry are hard to find and very few. While the major brands are taking the simple and easy way out by making products less and less expensive to keep sales up you have companies that are taking huge risks of going out of business and making quality products in an economy and industry that is really struggling today.

It really pisses me off that idiots like 3kings have no respect for our industry or a brand like Sundown that is trying to go against the trend and bring back quality. Hell man the owner of the company has made it very clear that he is against them selling his products and they still refuse to listen. 3kings is not only making Sundown products look like low end cheap flea market crap and damaging the reputation and integrity of the brand but they are also breaking the map prices. If I owned a brand I also would not want it to be on a site that only carries the lowest crap in the industry and has no respect or concern about what a manufacturer says or thinks. No wonder none of the higher end brands have wanted to associate with these 3kings guys and allow them to sell their products.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.