3.5" dash speakers?

Seriously? Do you understand total power response or polar response, at all? What about spectral decay?
What I know more than anything that you would attempt to tell me, is that you do not fully understand drivers from an advanced perspective. Your tiny little mind is trapped in the frequency response domain and there is so much more to things than that. But it is the reason you have convinced yourself that you can make any driver sound like another driver, and I love knowing that you are trapped in that horse-blinders world of yours.

I refuse to debate you because your ego is insane your ignorance is even worse. I also know that you have never heard Jordan bending wave drivers, while I have multiple pairs of them. But I will suggest to you that you study the importance of impulse response, decay times, speed & propagation of energy within a given cone profile/shape/material, as well as things like harmonic distortion, IM distortion, flux compression & modulation, and of course the true nature of bending wave drivers to know why it is, that even when FR plots look identical, things won't necessarily sound the same. Because you would then understand why the statement you made is so ridiculous. Especially with some of your previous logic that you can simply use DSP to fix anything, right?

I mean, even if you'd read any of the many online impressions from numerous, numerous users of the many generations of that driver, or the Genius of Ted Jordan himself & everything that he has given to the DIY community over the last 50-60years, you would realize how ignorant you sound. But I know that even if you heard a pair and knew deep inside that they were in fact the best thing you'd ever heard (they have won trophies in the lanes, afterall), your pride and arrogance would not allow you to utter it aloud. You really are a joke to me and I can only hope that others do not limit themselves by subscribing to the garbage you frequently spew forth. And the more you type, the more you contradict yourself.
**** man, didn't know you had it in you.

I used to own a 2004 Durango...pretty sure they have the same dash and front doors...

You can go bigger in the dash if you want. I had a set of Phoenix Gold Elite (Morel Elate) 5's and tweets in the dash. The panel closest to the windshield just pops out. I cut the mounting hole where the plastic 'grill' holes were and put the tweets just to the side (surface mounted to match the 5 inch drivers). Under the panel you'll find a shallow tub created by the inner dash frame. I covered the underside of the plastic panel with dynamat and also added a bit to the inner dash frame. I used dynamat to cover/seal the 3.5 inch factory mount on the inner dash. Last I added a small amount of polyfil in the dash before putting the plastic panel/speakers back in. The Morels/PG's are pretty shallow so you'll just need to get a shallow driver.

The doors are even better to deal with...they are hard plastic and and have a ton of room behind them. I literally just cut a mounting hole right on the front of the door panel where the grill is. That lower area is large enough to accommodate Phoenix Gold Elite/Morel Elate 9's!!! I just cut the grill out to the mounting diameter of the 9's and secured them directly to the door panel along with the grill. The door panel sits pretty tight to the door itself, I don't recall having to take any measures to seal it additionally.

I crossed the 5 comps at 200hz and up, the 9's 200hz-60hz, and a single TC Sounds 15 from 60hz down.

Seriously the best sounding system I've ever built/owned...and I've built quite a few. You don't have to go as crazy as I did...but you can. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I used to own a 2004 Durango...pretty sure they have the same dash and front doors...
You can go bigger in the dash if you want. I had a set of Phoenix Gold Elite (Morel Elate) 5's and tweets in the dash. The panel closest to the windshield just pops out. I cut the mounting hole where the plastic 'grill' holes were and put the tweets just to the side (surface mounted to match the 5 inch drivers). Under the panel you'll find a shallow tub created by the inner dash frame. I covered the underside of the plastic panel with dynamat and also added a bit to the inner dash frame. I used dynamat to cover/seal the 3.5 inch factory mount on the inner dash. Last I added a small amount of polyfil in the dash before putting the plastic panel/speakers back in. The Morels/PG's are pretty shallow so you'll just need to get a shallow driver.

The doors are even better to deal with...they are hard plastic and and have a ton of room behind them. I literally just cut a mounting hole right on the front of the door panel where the grill is. That lower area is large enough to accommodate Phoenix Gold Elite/Morel Elate 9's!!! I just cut the grill out to the mounting diameter of the 9's and secured them directly to the door panel along with the grill. The door panel sits pretty tight to the door itself, I don't recall having to take any measures to seal it additionally.

I crossed the 5 comps at 200hz and up, the 9's 200hz-60hz, and a single TC Sounds 15 from 60hz down.

Seriously the best sounding system I've ever built/owned...and I've built quite a few. You don't have to go as crazy as I did...but you can. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I honestly haven't torn it apart to see what I'm working with. I'm just going off stock specs. I'll have to look and see what kind of room I've got.

So I just found some 3.5" subs. If I can find a way to deal them would it be horrible to put 3 up front do see what they do? I've always heard bass isn't really directional so it doesn't matter where the speaker is theoretically. That could be total bs too...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

evil_lies

evil_lies
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
evil_lies