3 1/2" Component Set??

Participant count
  • Participant list

twowhlrcr

Looking to help my Dad with his 2014 Toyota Rav4. Is there a solid Component Set out there that includes a 6 1/2 and a 3 1/2 with tweeter? If not, do I just go with a separate 2 way 3 1/2 and then add a solid 6 1/2? I grew up installing in the late 80's/early 90's. I have a few trophies from back in the day. I've just been out of it for a while. I can even build my own crossovers if that's what's needed. I ran 12 speakers off of a Hifonics Vulcan (100 watt) including (2) 10" JL's. Took 2nd place.....Lost to the Soundstream vehicle at the time. Just looking for your help to see what's available nowadays. I appreciate your help!!

Hybrid audio technologies 3.5 inch wide bander like the legatia l3 pro and a dedicated midbass should do the trick. Make sure you have an active network capable head unit. Theres no need to build crossovers ever anymore everything is done right at the source and is adjustable on the fly to perfectly match the vehicle acoustics without any wasted heat and power through a physical crossover.

Last edited:
Hybrid audio technologies 3.5 inch wide bander like the legatia l3 pro and a dedicated midbass should do the trick. Make sure you have an active network capable head unit. Theres no need to build crossovers ever anymore everything is done right at the source and is adjustable on the fly to perfectly match the vehicle acoustics without any wasted heat and power through a physical crossover.
Wow, that's some next level stuff that they have!! I love it but probably just outside of his price range. He's looking to spend between $300-$400 on the front doors/dash. Thoughts?

Wow, that's some next level stuff that they have!! I love it but probably just outside of his price range. He's looking to spend between $300-$400 on the front doors/dash. Thoughts?

Pick out raw drivers based on your price point.
Important specs to look for is sensitivity levels which is the overall loudness capability, go for 90 db or higher. Look for frequency response then lastly power handling. You can make any driver work with each other if you have an active capable headnunit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.