2v pre-outs VS more volts

Well even though it may be in my head, more voltage seems to have givin me a better dynamic range.. .mabey it was going to a better overall headunit but when I went from a standard deck to a true 4v preout alpine it was an amazing difference. I even noticed the difference with all settings off. just sounded great!

if you are not getting any noise in your system at 2 volts upgrading to 4 volts won't do anything. with higher volts you don't have to turn your gains as high to match your headunit, therfore less chance of induced noise. with lower volts you have to turn the gain higher to match with your headunit, therfore increasing your chances of noise but if you have no noise at 2 volts going to 4 volts won't do anything.

if you are not getting any noise in your system at 2 volts upgrading to 4 volts won't do anything. with higher volts you don't have to turn your gains as high to match your headunit, therfore less chance of induced noise. with lower volts you have to turn the gain higher to match with your headunit, therfore increasing your chances of noise but if you have no noise at 2 volts going to 4 volts won't do anything.
Bingo

My deal was I was going from an old crappy kenwood deck with probably 1/4 volt preouts to a then new alpine with 4v preouts... probably was the difference overall in equipment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My deal was I was going from an old crappy kenwood deck with probably 1/4 volt preouts to a then new alpine with 4v preouts... probably was the difference overall in equipment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

LOL....yeah. Kenwood in my experience has pretty much ****** all the way around (as far as headunits go)

LOL....yeah. Kenwood in my experience has pretty much ****** all the way around (as far as headunits go)
I belive that!

IMO, too many people make a big issue out of voltage, but then again, more is always betta right? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

the more volts the better

and it depends on your amp, i had an old amp that accepted up to 6v rca's and it was loud, then when my 4v deck blew and i replaced it with the same brand 2v unit and with the gains cranked the sub wouldent get as loud as the 4v deck

gains up the signal and also increace the chance of excess elctrical noise being played through your system, but keep in mind if your amp wants 6v rca's, its much much much nicer to supply the signal with a 6v deck rather than having to crank the gains on a 2v one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.