2nd destroyer and ....

theaznj
10+ year member

I just received my brand new re destroyer sub(well reconed) on tuesday and put it in wed and was playing it and it sounded pretty good but yesterday while i was going to work, i turned it up some more to see what it could do and it sounded almost like the VC was rubbing and few seconds after hearing that, it started sounding VERY scratchy, crackly, and slap sounding. I immediately turn it off and disconnect the sub. I took it out today to take a look at what the damage was and it seems the spider ripped apart from the voice coil(not too sure). I know this is goign to need a recone but anyone know what caused this? I am thinking it was the voice coil misaligned or not centered properly and it rubbed then got worse when it was moving more.

I have my gain set right(amp is 2500D) w/ bass boost off and i have it in a 4 cu ft box ported to about 38(high but its temp), if this matters.

Pictures:

12082006005.jpg

12082006004.jpg

12082006003.jpg

12082006002.jpg

I've PMed teampsi david already but so far no responce yet, hoping this will be covered. I heard these subs have warranty just like any other sub.

Why do i keep getting screwed over on these subs? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Thats either a defect, or you seriously shouldnt be playing with high caliber equipment like this.
not trying to be modest or anything but, i believe i have enough experience with subs and equipment to be able to use this sub, this is just the first sub i've ever had problems with.

Thats looks like a defect. You would have to be doing something very very wrong for that to happen. Even overpowering a sub, that wouldnt be the first thing to fail. Hmm send pics to david.
yea, i'm still waiting for responce but i sent him the link to this thread so he can see the pictures.

I really wish i could be using this sub, i hate when friends and coworkers say this is what i get for trying to get "custom" special brand stuff they never heard of before. It annoys me when i'm only one of my group of friends that knows about these rare and better audio brands. Can't wait to get this going and show them whats really better though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif. Now just to see how longer this process amy take.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.