2k on 80amp alt

Participant count
  • Participant list

nateberrier
10+ year member

Douche, Ohio
How does I does it? Unless my alt is not 80 amps? My car is supposed to have an 80 amp alternator, Iam running a stock batt up front and a deka in the back pushing an AQ2200, I dont have any voltage problems and I flog the SOB for 15-30 minute intervals. wussahappnin here? I know people with bigger alts and more batts running less power with more drops than I have.

Do you know the actual impedence that amp is seeing? Really depends on impedence (which has a direct relationship to efficiency) and your listening preferences/habits. Also remember music is dynamic and if you average the power it's drawing over time it's probably not too much of a strain. I've had very good luck running off multiple batteries for most every-day listening.

Ssshhhh dont say anything about the flux capacitor and celestial crystal transducer under the hood.

Also its 78A, but there is also a lot less used by the car so there is more than you think left over to keep the batts charged. I would be willing to bet that you have more power on the batts than your pont or my truck both having 130A

Yeah all i have to power is 4 spark plugs and headlights sometimes lol. I wang it pretty hard on songs that rival test tones lol. idk i was just surprised

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

nateberrier

10+ year member
nateberrier
Douche, Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from