2500 RMS at 1 ohm? Which amp

Wolverine19D
10+ year member

So I ordered my FI Q 12" with the cooling option Dual 1 ohm. They are rated 1000RMS each and the cooling options suppose to give them 200-500 more. Currently I have a MB Quart 1500 watt amp I am going to use for now. But I know they can take a good 2500 RMS + and probably even 3000RMS?

I am having a hard time finding an amp that is 2500 RMS. I am finding lots of 2000's and 3000's and the AQ 2200 is a possibility but I'd lke to give them as much power as I can. So is there a amp out there at 2500 RMS at 1 ohm thats halfway reasonable? I would just strap another MB quart to it but that would make it 2 ohms and my speakers are D1's so that throws that out.

I have also looked at the Sundown 3000D but I think that may be too much power for them? And I only have 1 run of KnuKonceptz 0 gauge which is only rated to 250A so I don't think my wire will handle that much power either.

For electrical I have 2 D31's for now, 0 gauge, and I am ordering a new alternator tomorrow. The stock one I have now is 90 amps and I am going to get a 200+A mean green one for my Jeep.

Thanks guys

Sorry I meant 2, I will look up the IA 20.1 what is it rated?

I am guessing I may have to do another run of 0 gauge if I go over 2500 RMS and put dual terminals in the amp. But then would I still only rate the wire at 250A each, or would I put 300A in both even though they will only handle 250?

Thanks guys

its rated at 1800 at 1ohm but will do more and go lower then 1 ohm had one for a month or so then got an orion 2500d

Thanks, but if it is only rated at 1800 I am guessing it probably doesn't put out close to 2500?

Are you sure the 3000D won't blow my FI Q's? I figure it puts out 3200-3300 since it is a quality amp. And this is going to be for a daily driver. It is going to be in a sealed enclosure though, as I do not have the room for the ported in my Jeep Wrangler.

Also, what other electrical upgrades would you do? I forgot to mention I will be doing the Big 3 as well.

P.S. - I dunno how I could wire my subs up for less than 1 ohm, the only other option would be .25 ohms since they are D1's correct? And I don't see that happening... I figure it'd be hard to find an amp stable at that and be hard on my electrical.

Thanks, I didn't think of the Orion, what is the price range on one of those?

I am seriously thinking about getting a Sundown 3000D if you guys think the subs will handle that much power? If I don't turn the gain up all the way I figure it would be OK? I am just not sure how hard that would be on my electrical. I figure my subs would pound a lot harder with the Sundown 3000D over an AQ2200 or even a Orion 2500D if I can find one?

Planet Audio BB2400.1D.. I have one pushing 2 15" Eclipse TI's and it absolutely slams the **** out of them.. I think caraudiodeals.com still has them for just under 300 or so before shipping.

Thanks guys, what about this?

American Bass VFL 200.1 - Car Audio Classifieds

American Bass suppose to put out 3000RMS at 1 ohm? But I can not find any specs on the amp other than what he says or any reviews on it. I know American Bass is pretty decent quality from what I have seen before. But is this too much amp for my subs? And will it be power hungry... I mean I know some amps don't seem to kill your electrical systems as bad as others.

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.