2019 Alpine lineup

Caesartheape

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jun 9, 2019
Hello everyone, as you’ve read in the title I’m interested in the brand new alpine lineup. Right now I work at Best Buy and can get the Alpine type R component set for just under $200 (regular $350) and I can get the type X subwoofer for $265 (regular $500). I know this is a good deal, but has anyone here heard the new 2019 lineup? Subs or speakers? Right now I have kicker Kx coaxials in the front with the kicker compQ sub (round version of L7, not a ton of people know about it). I know this will sound better, but has anyone heard the 2019 Alpine lineup and can tell me how they sound ?

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
Its not worth it to swap at all.  Maybe the type X sub will give you cleaner bass over the compQ

Type R components are extremely mediocre.  They were good priced at 120 new... 200 right now is dumb.

OP
C

Caesartheape

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jun 9, 2019
Its not worth it to swap at all.  Maybe the type X sub will give you cleaner bass over the compQ

Type R components are extremely mediocre.  They were good priced at 120 new... 200 right now is dumb.
Can you recommend some component speakers in the 200-300 price range that are much better than the Type R?

THATpurpleKUSH

Smoke weed everyday
10+ year member
Sep 30, 2009
Banging gears and passing queeers
Does Best Buy still have the partnership with the Harmon Group? Years ago you could get JBL and Infinity gear for pennies above cost. They also used to sell Rockford Fosgate and employees could get that gear for about half of normal retail pricing.

Those are the companies I would be fucking with if I worked there not Kicker and Alpine. 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest classifieds