2018 F150 Limited System Overhaul

Participant count
  • Participant list

dirtdr

Just picked up my 2018 F150 Limited and gonna revamp the sound system.

The truck currently has the new B&O sound system, so there is some learning by everyone going on with that.

The B&O system has the front tweeters being fed directly by the head unit, and everything else, including the sub and center channel going through the B&O amp.

So I have to pull signal from the front tweeters, as well as all the channels off the main amp.

Signal will feed into an Audiocontrol DM-810 processor. This processer has 8 channels of input and 10 channel output.

Components are mostly coming out o my previous truck (2014 F150) and will consist of:

Factory Nav Head Unit

JL 13TW3 Shallow sub in under seat enclosure

Focal ES 165KX3 for front stage (3 way system - might fabricate A-Pillar pods for mids and tweeter, or may use aluminum "ball Pods"..

Focal k2 co-axial 6.5's in the back doors

Audiocontrol DM-810

JL Audio 750/1 for sub

JL Audio 600/4 for front/rear doors

JL Audio 600/6 for mids, tweets, center

I will be short one input, as the factory has two sets of leads going to the single factory sub, but I am hoping I can get away with using just one.

I am going to try to do as much sound deadening as I can to the doors and back wall, but i dont think I will be going through all the trouble to gut the interior to get at the floor, etc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.