2016 Ram crew cab help

Stiffler63

Wanting to add subs to my Ram under the back seat the spec from the box are (VENTED SUB BOX

AIR VOLUME: 1.55 CUBIC FEET PER SIDE

DIVIDED: YES

PORT/VENT TUNE FREQUENCY: 35 Hz)

would like recommendations on 12s or 10s. Would like to go with sundown subs but am open to others. Amp could be based on recommendations. I am interested in SL not SQ. Listen to country, Rap, Rock the least. Also would like advice on how to pull signal from factory head unit.

Dont get a pre fab ported box, theyre not good. Just get a sealed box and 2 sd-3 10s or 12s depending on the space you can end up with. Just get an audiocontrol lc2i And grab your signal from the door speakers at the A pillar

This box has the most air space I have found in any sealed box and I can not build one myself. It would require fiberglass work. I have 2 sa-12 ultras that I will have to run to individual amps do you think at 1 ohm this amp would run one of them? Soundstream 1200 nano?

This box has the most air space I have found in any sealed box and I can not build one myself. It would require fiberglass work. I have 2 sa-12 ultras that I will have to run to individual amps do you think at 1 ohm this amp would run one of them? Soundstream 1200 nano?
Sa-12 in a 1.5 cubic feet box? Hmm.. Why would you be unable to make it yourself? I got fine advice on how to make a box on here and it's been great so far.

It's worth the effort, standard boxes are ****.

I still don't believe in premade boxes man, you don't like a do it yourself project? Fiberglassing can be done, it just requires a lot of searching.

There are some decent tutorials, I've passed by quite a lot of them.

Don't listen to these guys. Yes on the norm pre-fab boxes are frowned upon, but in these trucks its pretty much you get what you get. Even building something of your own won't be much different at all, and the level of skill to accurately, design, tune, and build a box perfectly for the truck is well beyond your means most likely. Go sign up on RAMForum and ask there. The FoxBoxes have mixed review and you loose some functionality with them. A lot of people love the NetAudio boxes but they are a bit pricey.

Based on what? Have you ever used a Fox enclosure? I have one in my Mega and it's a quality piece. For a regular sealed or vented enclosure that doesn't have any special requirements there's nothing wrong with going with a quality prefab enclosure.

I've been pounding on this fox enclosure for almost a decade now...

post-5234-1404579941_thumb.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.