2015 GMC DSP

Participant count
  • Participant list

JimCav

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

My name is Jim Cav, I am a newbe here at this fourm. I hope I can get some help here.

Vehicle: 2015 GMC Sierra club cab 8” screen with nav no bose
Amp: Pioneer GM-DX975 5 channel
DSP: Massive Audio Core 1
Front Speakers: JBL components GTO 609C
Rear Speakers: Factory stock
Sub: Sony sub in approximately 1 cubic foot seal enclosure

Connections / Wiring:

The front speaker high level outputs from the factory deck left and right are connected direct to the input of the core 1 DSP. I am not using the rear speakers outputs from the factory deck. The low level output from the DSP are feeding the Pioneer amp. I am using the remote on from the DSP to turn on the AMP.

Sound:

When the system is playing I am very happy with the sound. As a matter of fact I would strongly recommend the pioneer amp. Great amp for the money.

Problems:
  1. When I get in the truck and start it and the music starts sometimes the sub will not play other times the front speakers will play and sometimes it freaks out with crazy nosies. I have installed a switch inside my center console that controls the power to the DSP. I will turn the power off and back on rebooting the DSP and everything will be fine. I contacted massive audio and they sent out a new core one. This did not help the new unit still has the same problem. Side note massive audio has discontinued the core 1 DSP.
  2. Why did massive audio discontinue the core 1 DSP?
  3. When I get in the truck and start it the chime volume is very loud but decreases on its own. Also the turn signals can be very loud and the next day seem normal. I have set the volume level for the chime in the factory deck as low as they will go. Is there anything else I can do to control the volume level of the chime and turn signals?

I would consider replacing the DSP. Can someone make a recommendation on a DSP that would work well in this truck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.