2013 Honda CRV Remote start

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigaudiofanatic
10+ year member

Dynamic Mobile Audio
Dover DE
I am getting ready to do a customers 2013 CRV. I have pulled two diagrams for wiring just to double check everything. I noticed on one there is A secondary accessory color code yellow. On the other diagram this yellow wire is Primary accessory and no secondary listed. It goes on to say on the second diagram that Ignition is Blue and the other diagram says it' s accessory.

can anyone confirm this or do I just have to test on install day with a DMM.

Also from what i was told if your using data mode you do not need to hard wire any of the connections you would have to make with an older vehicle. The omega bypass even says i do not need the 12 volt and ground going between the bypass and the remote start. Is this true that even power is going through the data wire between the remote start and the bypass?

Always test wires on a vehicle you are not familiar with. Can't tell you how many times I've seen wiring diagrams that are wrong. What starter and bypass are you using?

I am getting ready to do a customers 2013 CRV. I have pulled two diagrams for wiring just to double check everything. I noticed on one there is A secondary accessory color code yellow. On the other diagram this yellow wire is Primary accessory and no secondary listed. It goes on to say on the second diagram that Ignition is Blue and the other diagram says it' s accessory.
can anyone confirm this or do I just have to test on install day with a DMM.

Also from what i was told if your using data mode you do not need to hard wire any of the connections you would have to make with an older vehicle. The omega bypass even says i do not need the 12 volt and ground going between the bypass and the remote start. Is this true that even power is going through the data wire between the remote start and the bypass?

Always test wires on a vehicle you are not familiar with. Can't tell you how many times I've seen wiring diagrams that are wrong. What starter and bypass are you using?
Very true I always do anyway just for piece of mind. Using Compustar CS800S and Omega OL-MDB-ALL. I have to say after reviewing and working with compustar I will never be going back to DEI!

Very true I always do anyway just for piece of mind. Using Compustar CS800S and Omega OL-MDB-ALL. I have to say after reviewing and working with compustar I will never be going back to DEI!
I'm not familiar with compustar or omega. Strictly DEI with idatalink bypasses. In data mode in most cases there are few connections to be made. Very big time saver.

I'm not familiar with compustar or omega. Strictly DEI with idatalink bypasses. In data mode in most cases there are few connections to be made. Very big time saver.
Ya I confirmed with Omega actually yesterday that in Data mode I do not have to make the normal connections between the bypass and the remote start. I would recommend looking into them man, I thought DEI was good but not close to this.

meter the wires, but the car definitely has 2 accessories, 1 ignition, 1 starter, and 12v

also just an FYI, omega bypasses are rebranded idatalink, same with the flashlogic ones from audiovox

I've used pretty much every brand remote start there is. CS and DEI are comparable in my opinion, it's all about the install PERIOD. I personally like the DEI stuff better as it has a dedicated wire for second accessory or ignition (or starter on the more expensive brains) where CS (besides the c600s brains) require a relay for any second starter, accessory, or ignition.

meter the wires, but the car definitely has 2 accessories, 1 ignition, 1 starter, and 12v
also just an FYI, omega bypasses are rebranded idatalink, same with the flashlogic ones from audiovox

I've used pretty much every brand remote start there is. CS and DEI are comparable in my opinion, it's all about the install PERIOD. I personally like the DEI stuff better as it has a dedicated wire for second accessory or ignition (or starter on the more expensive brains) where CS (besides the c600s brains) require a relay for any second starter, accessory, or ignition.
Actually from what I saw, it has 1 accessory and 2 ignitions, the second ignition was Red. Kind of interesting seeing that on a Honda.

I knew that about Omega as you can use the idatalink programming module to program omega. Very true a quality install makes all the difference as well. Not true about the CS series, you have a jumper to set what the extra wire will do including second starter hence I used it as a second ignition on the honda.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honda has 2 ignition wires. I see a lot of wiring diagrams that are wrong and only use them as a guide.

I also like installing DEI products and they are very reliable. I don't care for Computstar to be honest. I just think programming DEI systems are a little harder compared to other brands like Audiovox.

Honda has 2 ignition wires. I see a lot of wiring diagrams that are wrong and only use them as a guide.
I also like installing DEI products and they are very reliable. I don't care for Computstar to be honest. I just think programming DEI systems are a little harder compared to other brands like Audiovox.
I never said anything about DEI not being reliable I think Compustars instructions are a lot easier to fallow and their remotes last a lot longer. I have had a few customers having to replace DEI remotes within a year.

A bit writer has been the best investment I have made for installing dei. Programming is a breeze

I never said anything about DEI not being reliable I think Compustars instructions are a lot easier to fallow and their remotes last a lot longer. I have had a few customers having to replace DEI remotes within a year.
I didn't think you said DEI isn't reliable. Never said that. With any electronic, "things can happen". I just know I would never install a cheap system like Carvox or something like that for anyone. I mostly install DEI, Audiovox, Code Alarm, and Omega. I used to install on average 4-6 alarms and/or remote starters per day Mon-Friday. I have opened up a few brand new boxes of alarms in the past and the wiring for them was somewhat put together wrong from the manufacturer and I had to figure it out. I wont say what company it was though. So like I said before, "things can happen" with any electronic. A lot is personal preference too and in my opinion DEI has the best looking remotes (and the systems are pretty reliable) and that's why I try to use them the most.

NeverEnuffBass, I have a bitwriter too, but I dont use it as much as I would like to. But it definitely does help out a lot.

Actually from what I saw, it has 1 accessory and 2 ignitions, the second ignition was Red. Kind of interesting seeing that on a Honda.
I knew that about Omega as you can use the idatalink programming module to program omega. Very true a quality install makes all the difference as well. Not true about the CS series, you have a jumper to set what the extra wire will do including second starter hence I used it as a second ignition on the honda.
Only in old C600S brains. 6200, 5200 brains did not have a second anything. the 7200 brains though.....wait. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Also its definitely a second accessory...Meter the wire. 12v drops out during crank. Ignition is Red, accessory is blue and yellow (these apply to the CRV).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.