2013 Ford F150 Looking to replace speakers.

Participant count
  • Participant list

rbtrucking
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just got a 2013 Ford F150 this is the one without the sony system. I am pretty sure according to crutchfield it has 6x8's in the doors. I am looking for a really good pair of speakers. At this point I am not going to be putting any amps in there, I am going to be running it off headunit power and not using any subs but the plus side to that is I am willing to spend a good amount on the speakers.

The main type of music I listen to is vocals and lots of female singers. Above all else clarity and sound quality is my main goal here. I am also looking for speakers with a high sensitivity rating as I will be running them off headunit power.

I will most likely be running this off a Pioneer AVH-X2800BS

What would you guys recommend?

Skipping a subwoofer and an amplifier are both going to kill the goals of clarity and sound quality. An X2800BS does not make high quality power on its own for good sound quality, and expecting full deep bass out of 6x8s is going to hurt sound quality as well. I'm not trying to shoot this down, but rather present some real limitations so you can have proper expectations when you replace the speakers.

I've had clients really enjoy JBL and Cerwin Vega 6x8s, but they always got a subwoofer to fill in bass below ~80 Hz. JBL offers good sensitivity for being powered by a head unit, along with Cerwin Vega Vega series speakers. Infinity should deliver similar results for the money.

If you go down to 6.5" round speakers to expand your options you're going to have the same limitations of no real bass and the need for a separate amplifier to get better sound quality. Don't forget the sound deadening. At least use some good quality mat with butyl rubber backed by thick foil.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.