2013 Chevy Equinox LS - engine/accessory noise coming through factory 1/8" input

Participant count
  • Participant list

djhath

I have a 2013 Chevy Equinox LS with a factory stereo system. I do have aftermarket amps and speakers installed, but the stereo itself is factory. 

I recently purchased a Scosche bluetooth adapter to plug into the 1/8" input because the factory system will do bluetooth for phone, but not for audio. 

I am getting noise through the 1/8" input while using the bluetooth adapter or connecting my phone, but through the radio, CD, or the USB input. The noise is reminiscent of a whine that appears when you either press the accelerator or turn on the air conditioner. 

I think I may be **** out of luck with the 1/8" input itself, but was curious if there was anything that can be put in-line between the bluetooth adapter and the 1/8" input to eliminate the whine/noise.

In professional audio, for example, I know there are things you can put in-line to eliminate ground hum or other such noise in the signal path. 

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Great one

g.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.