2013 Chevy Cruze

Participant count
  • Participant list

tat2bass
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Cali
Doing this install for a friend of mine. Pretty mild build. No fiberglassing or anything like that. He isn't quite ready yet to cut up the interior. Definitely a budget build. He was more so looking for something loud but still sounding decent without having to upgrade the stock electrical. No big 3 yet, will be doing it later down the road. We will be starting and finishing it this Saturday 20 April minus the big 3 and sound deadening. He will be saving up for that later as well.

Equipment- He bought all this brand new or off of me brand new that I decided not to use.

Headunit- Pioneer AVH-P1400 (from me for $200)

Front Speakers- Pioneer TS-D1720C's (from me for $75)

Rear Speakers- Pioneer TS-D1702R's (new for $60)

Highs Amp- MB Quart ONX125.4 (new for $135)

Subs- JL 12W3's wired down to 2ohm in a 2.3cf sealed. (from me for $200)

Sub Amp- MB Quart ONX1600.1D doing 1000@2 (new from a member on here for $120)

Single 0 gauge run to the rear and 4 gauge to the amps from the distro

Same for the ground.

Making the templates for the speaker brackets and giving them a rubber coating so that they are waterproof. Will also be sealing them to the doors with silicone and sealing the screw holes after drilling. Had a couple air pockets. That's what the bubbles are.

image-1_zpse9c62eaf.jpg

image-1_zps8711ed8b.jpg

image-1_zps5a634091.jpg

The headunit with the harness all done. These things are pretty ridiculous because of retaining OnStar.

image-1_zps341653de.jpg

image-1_zps4307f4dc.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

And if anyone has any recommendations, feel free to let me know.

Working on the tweeter pods. Just using dense foam and using adhesive to stick the cup in. Then using silicone sealant around the edges. Once dry, on Friday I am gonna start with the plaster and then sand them down smooth. Will be painting them with plastidip so they are smooth after. Should come out really nice for my first set of pods. Here is the progress so far. Just whittled out the middle

image-1_zps35ca0d4a.jpg

image-1_zps028d60e1.jpg

image-1_zpsfd209dae.jpg

image-1_zps0864f8ee.jpg

Tuned in for this build. I've heard thoses Jls are beast
They sound ok. Not gonna break anything, that's for sure. But should blend in well with the front stage and not overpower them. Plus he got them cheap from me.

So the build was interesting this weekend. Got started and everything was going smooth. Got the head unit in and tested it out and everything worked fine. So I go to use the bathroom. My friend was upset that he was unable to get the steering wheel controls to work. I had already told him before that he would have to buy a separate module but he didn't listen. So he plugs in a hot lead to the top of the GMOS44 interface which costs about $200 to keep onstar and when he did.... Poof. The whole thing went up in smoke. I come out and ask what the smell was. He tells me and I just laugh cause there was no fixing it. So he ended up going the cheaper route and buying an LC2i. Screwed our whole timeline trying to find a shop with one. But he gave me the DVD player as payment since he didn't need it anymore!

They sound ok. Not gonna break anything, that's for sure. But should blend in well with the front stage and not overpower them. Plus he got them cheap from me.
The 12W3V3 is more of a SQ sub than a thumper. If he wants more thump I would suggest a 12W6V3-2, this sub is a BEAST!

The 12W3V3 is more of a SQ sub than a thumper. If he wants more thump I would suggest a 12W6V3-2, this sub is a BEAST!
I know. It is enough for what he was wanting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.