2013 Challenger install - Remote turn on wire

OnlyNike

This weekend i will be helping a friend with an install in his challenger. The battery is in the trunk of the car which make most of the install easy. Just needed some advice about where to put the remote turn on wire. Would i be able to connect the wire to the factory head unit without being able to cut any wires by trimming the end of the wire and putting it into the harness with the current 12v source? our would i have to cut the wire and have to splice them together?

there is no ignition source behind the radio in that vehicle so you are going to either have to grab the pink/white wire at the wireless ignition node or the ignition wire behind the cigarette lighter. Or if you want a heavier gauge source you can look in the passenger kick panel for a 12-14ga dark blue wire.

1. cig lighter. 2. in the trunk there's a wire for the cig lighter coming from the fuse box. u can snag it there instead of running it all the wayt up front.

why waste the time when you can grab it right in the trunk with everything else?

iirc the wire is red/yellow and can switched from constant or ign at the fuse box next to the spare tire.

View attachment 26540197

That's a picture of the cig socket out of a 2012 Challenger. Same wire is found in the trunk in the wire pack. just test it to make sure, and fuse it (and fuse the ignition wire too if you use that).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.