2012 HDC3's any good?

The HDC3 is a lot of sub for the money. If it blows, you can always switch to the aluminum coil recones.
Not worth the extra funds. Better off if you were looking to upgrade after a woofer failure would be going custom.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

I heard that the aluminium coil subs were better because they are hand made where they make dd subs. Is this true?
No

I used one of the new HDC3's. They get loud for sure and sound pretty good but I wouldn't put too much faith into the soft parts. IMO, you're better off looking for just a motor and having @SPLaudio; build you up a custom. The subs are rated at 1000w out of the factory for a reason. Corey (splaudio) can do a lot with them

Anybody hear the 2012 HDC3?Lot's of sub brands are going to ****, Fi might be worth the extra because it's all american.
HDC3 is a good sub. Can't really beat it for the $$$. If you decide on it, get the copper coils for daily.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Anybody hear the 2012 HDC3?Lot's of sub brands are going to ****, Fi might be worth the extra because it's all american.
HDC3 is a good sub. Can't really beat it for the $$$. If you decide on it, get the copper coils for daily.

As stated before, I would go with a custom sub
Nah, to much work I already have to build a massive box, just want a 15 that will hit hard sound good and wont break for a few years.

Fi might be better, never heard one though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.