Just got done redoing the system
(2) 12" Infinity Subwoofers

5K watt Planet Audio Amp

5F Cap

(4) 6.5" KickerCS Speakers

2500W 5 Channel Power Acoustic Amp running the speakers

(2) Rockford Tweeters

Soon to be added (2) MA Tweeters
Thoughts? - You probably should have posted here before making the purchases lol. I did the same thing, and ended up spending well over 3k instead of my original $600 idea of just adding a sub. The Planet Audio amp is the bottom of the bottom, if you're super lucky you might be seeing 10% of its stated power. The Kicker CS 6.5's are just ok, I am using that series but will be replacing them with something better soon, but they sound decent with a decent amp pushing them.

Believe it or not the only thing I have actually purchased in the speaker amp. I would like suggestions on a better Sub amp

Believe it or not the only thing I have actually purchased in the speaker amp. I would like suggestions on a better Sub amp
What is the model of the subs, and are you set on those subs? If not budget for amp/subs? What about an enclosure for the subs? I just found out myself what a massive difference a custom enclosure will make over a prefab box.

I have OFC 0ga running to the back with a separate 4 running my speakers. I run the cap because the lights were flickering still

I can always sell the amp. Not to sound like a Dbag but I love car audio and I set no budget on the things I love...did you have a suggestion?

What is the model of the subs, and are you set on those subs? If not budget for amp/subs? What about an enclosure for the subs? I just found out myself what a massive difference a custom enclosure will make over a prefab box.
Infinity Reference 1262w 12-Inch 1200-Watt High-Performance Subwoofer (DVC) I have them set in a 2.0 Cubic air space Q-Bomb enclosure

I have OFC 0ga running to the back with a separate 4 running my speakers. I run the cap because the lights were flickering still
Caps don't work. Everything you have posted is flee market gear, EVERTHING. What kind of 0awg do you have? I'm willing to bet its not 0 from what you have posted so far. We need a budget since you can go from $1000 to $20,000 very easy

Caps don't work. Everything you have posted is flee market gear, EVERTHING. What kind of 0awg do you have? I'm willing to bet its not 0 from what you have posted so far. We need a budget since you can go from $1000 to $20,000 very easy
Isn't that the truth - I budgeted 4k, spent 5 and am still missing things that I need to get.

OP - You really need to figure out the max you want to spend then take off 1/3 to 1/2 of it for extras you missed or need after the fact.

Would be looking to stay around $8,000

Would be looking to stay around $8,000
With a budget of that, I would say to start with a list for the power, ie. HO alt, wiring, 2 agm batts (one for front, one for rear). If you buy new just that part will take off 1500 from your budget, so that leaves 6500.

I am also new to high end/quality audio so I am not familiar with all the different brands but I totally dig my Incriminator Audio amp with the Focals. The sound is unreal and does not even come close to anything I have had before.

With a budget of that, I would say to start with a list for the power, ie. HO alt, wiring, 2 agm batts (one for front, one for rear). If you buy new just that part will take off 1500 from your budget, so that leaves 6500.I am also new to high end/quality audio so I am not familiar with all the different brands but I totally dig my Incriminator Audio amp with the Focals. The sound is unreal and does not even come close to anything I have had before.
Awesome man thanks. I was thinking of the second batt in the wheel well and uping the alt but I cant find a good alt for a 2012 Elantra

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.