2012 Chrysler 200 upgrade (2 PSI 12s on a AQ2200)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ronoman
10+ year member

Hey everyone! This will be the second build in my Chrysler 200 and I figured since this was an upper level install I would make a build log. Basically I'm switching from 4awg to 1/0awg, upgrading my alt/batteries, and switching to an AQ2200. To start I'm gonna upload some pictures of the new gear I opened today and then tomorrow I will upload pictures of my current build before I rip everything apart.

Current Build:

2 PSI Platform 1s in a 4.0cuft box built by Brian Horton

Alpine MRX1100

Rockford P400X4

Incriminator Components

Rockford Power 6x9s

Pioneer 5500BHS

Update:

AQ 2200

NVX Sound Deadener

NVX 1/0

Singer 350a Alternator

D1200 in the back

NVX 1/0, NVX 8awg(speaker wire), and fuse blocks.

8kaREik.jpg

350a Singer alt

i1wUypk.jpg

qLP299H.jpg

D1200 battery

ZKuiUqr.jpg

NVX Sound dampening stuff

WYLmlAF.jpg

And lastly, the beautiful AQ 2200D

o5bBoAO.jpg

mrj36az.jpg

Here is my current setup!! I plan on flipping my box around 180 degrees to have it fire inside the cabin, because I am afraid of my trunk actually falling off. I'll be making a small piece of wood to seal the front of the box from the trunk.

Pioneer Headunit

2oAxRml.jpg

Alpine 1100MRX and Rockford P400X4

B0iF3ZZ.jpg

2 PSI 12s

noqjKWb.jpg

oBVNkFE.jpg

D975 battery (Will be moved to front)

Ewsb2ao.jpg

Incriminator Tweeter

jZ3u2AO.jpg

Put the subs 6-7 inches away from the rear. It will give you the best results. I have the same car.
My trunk moves WAY too much already, I don't want them any closer! My trunk doesn't close right anymore with them that far away.

Update from the last few days. I got decently far into ripping out my QuickRoof and installing the NVX sound dampening. My goal for tomorrow is to have my MDF and foam cut for the battery/fuse mount and the amp mount.

This is my trunk all ripped apart

4XR0nL2.jpg

Installing a system in my friends new Acura

c3tY9y8.jpg

Wired my box down to 0.5ohm with the NVX 8AWG

8XfIowf.jpg

LYGlDmb.jpg

Today I got some good stuff

This is weather stripping foam stuff that I will be lining the bottom of my rear deck with, so when it bounces it doesnt make as much noise.

uyZaIHd.jpg

Here is how I will be mounting my sub amp.(The black washers are rubber) the middle nylon spacers is representing where the amp will be.

CFHWp91.jpg

Lastly.. here is the foam that will be between the mdf/amp and sub box.

kYXaKuS.jpg

UMuU3uV.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pictures, but its all I had at my friends garage. So the alternator I ordered had the wrong case on it. But we installed most of the 1/0. Some time this week I will be installing the rear battery so it can be charged in my car for a week or so before I finish everything. Today I also ordered 5 more feet of 1/0.

Soldering the ring terminals

N6WL2Nf.jpg

Some engine bay shots

gAk3jNJ.jpg

vjc1ZVs.jpg

My D975 in the front

gu4x5UD.jpg

Turns out Singer sent me the wrong alternator case.. So he is making a new one now.. tomorrow I plan on finishing everything so then when the new alt comes I can just install that and be 100% done with everything. I need help with the 'big 3' I cannot find an engine block ground!!

Turns out Singer sent me the wrong alternator case.. So he is making a new one now.. tomorrow I plan on finishing everything so then when the new alt comes I can just install that and be 100% done with everything. I need help with the 'big 3' I cannot find an engine block ground!!
Just ground it to the alt case bolt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.