2011 Ford Escape - SQ Build

Today's mission, install conduit for power cable. There is plenty of room underneath, so I plan to take full advantage of it. Carflex Liquidtight is awesome for running wires externally, however, its wicked to work with in the cold. It will snap like an twig if you're not careful. I know we won't get many more mild days, so today is the day for this stuff.

288oz92.jpg

ive got 4 runs of 1/0 under the car the first pair i just ran thro two holes that were already there then the second pair and use a hole saw and ran the second pair thru. i took out the carpet in the back and the black plastic jack holder and just put the jack under the passenger seat towards the back since its got all the air bag stuff under there. when i had my 2 15s in there i just made the box sides extend a little more to make the box float over the batteries with my 2 12s just made a false floor

ive got 4 runs of 1/0 under the car the first pair i just ran thro two holes that were already there then the second pair and use a hole saw and ran the second pair thru. i took out the carpet in the back and the black plastic jack holder and just put the jack under the passenger seat towards the back since its got all the air bag stuff under there. when i had my 2 15s in there i just made the box sides extend a little more to make the box float over the batteries with my 2 12s just made a false floor
Sounds like you're running serious power back there, I can understand the need for the runs of cable. I'm a little more low-key //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Got the conduit install done, just in time as it's supposed to get pretty dang cold tomorrow. Not the easiest of vehicles to run, but its in and its free and clear of anything I'd be concerned about.

Use the metal clamps, not plastic ones. Stainless screws and spray a little Krown rust proofing in the drilled holes.

2zftppu.jpg

Bottoms up. This is the left rear corner, behind the wheel.

261epmv.jpg

11ucbgi.jpg

Where do you get that conduit or whatever it's called?
Lowes or Home Depot would have it, though you want the stuff that's called Carflex Liquidtight. There are other brands and variations out there, but that's the one you want.

Why not just run the wire inside the cabin? I ran 2 runs of 2/0 on the inside of an '09 Escape w/ no problems.
Not saying its a problem running inside, I just prefer to run the bulky stuff outside. And for less than 20 bucks for the Carflex, clamps, and fitting, it's a no-nobrainer for me.

Been a busy last week, just haven't had time to spend on the install. Good news is the fiberglass sub mold is done and the volume is right on the money. By going with fiberglass and having the mold made to fit the spare tire well I gained a significant amount of volume and can keep my floor flat and not lose any width or depth in cargo space.

When the computer designed the mold, my pal gave me the volume numbers before he CNC'd the positive, I had to confirm the volume for myself. I won't doubt him again!

14jri4h.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.