Toy hauler outdoor system PROBLEM!!

wyco

The specs are:

1-JBL GTO 1004 600w 4 channel amp

1-JBL GTO 14001 mono amp

4- JBL- GTO 1014 subs

2- Kicker KMT6 waketower speaker (probably soon to be 4)

Alpine CDA-9886M

The problem I am having is when I have the volume around 22 the highs fade out, then when i turn it down they kick back in..? Voltage is always above 13 to the amps. I have went through all the wiring. Would this be a head unit or amp issue?? I am about fed up with this stereo have blown 6 subs, 1-4 channel amp, 1-mono amp, 10 speakers mainly the tweeters on those. I had the system professionally installed and told them I want something loud a clear, think its to much to ask for?? Can someone help bulletproof this stereo, Thanks!

Everything sounds crystal clear and crisp then at once the tweets drop off, so that might be a tuning issue? The wiring is a very clean and thought through install! The trailer is the stereo for our sand dune camp trips, at times 200-300 people party at our camp. I guess we try to get club sound out of it haha! Everyone that hears it is amazed, but it has its problems at times... Its been installed almost 2 years, one thing we thought at first was switching from random ipods, mp3's, burned cd's, satilite but we since ruled that out.

I check the voltage with a volt meter right at the amps its never below 13. I turned both amp inputs down and volume up on the deck seems to have helped? I am on my own anymore with this. Guy that installed gave up and he works on very high end cars? Been talking to wakeboard guys and thats been helping. I know more high end equipment would yield better results but I already have $7000 in this.

F me, just blew a tweeter on one of the kicker KMT6, one day old!! Blown tweeters are the main problems with it. Can anyone suggest a good oudoor speaker setup with awsome highs that are solid? Remember this is outside and we want it loud! I find it hard to believe that its setting issues, I lean more towards volume but we want volume! Its a tough situation here because I know alot of people that can make quality audio in a car but thats a car not 100ft from a trailer.

that is an alpine problem .i have that same problem with mine .i asked all the car audio places that sell alpine products about this when i got my alpine ,and they said that its a built in safety feature so cant overload your tweeters .it is a pain in the a** ,but i have had my alpine headunit for 6 yrs and that is my only complaint .you just have to tune your highs and mids amp to get as loud as you want to before you get to the magic volume level #22 thats how i solved that same problem.

dumb q- but what, if anything, do you have running off the deck? sounds like you got it with the alpine programing, but if you have speakers running off the deck, you can draw the deck down with distortion, which will highly effect total output of the system... i.e. when you hear distortion/break-up, but the voltages are reading good. over 90% of systems i tune succumb to this. when i first check them out. simple fix- turn the bass all the way down, sub amp(s) up (usually full, depending on noise interference) and raise sub gain on the head incremental, if equipped. last step, is to slowly bring the bass back up on the head to desired levels. most shops will tell you that you never want to turn the amps all the way up, but, that is just to cover their 4$$ if someone pumps the deck recklessly, imho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

wyco

wyco
Wyoming
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
akheathen