2010 Mazdaspeed3

Subscribed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I like the look of the last generation better than this one. Although the interior looks a lot nicer and having the boost gauge is a nice addon. I would've gotten the 2010 version if my dealership didn't try to rip everyone off with a price of 3k over sticker price //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Edit: i think that you'll be very close to 150 with that equipment, my two E8s sounds SUPER loud for 2 8s

31819340349_large.jpg

So after a bunch of delays, I've begun to tear her apart.

sparetire.jpg

toreup.jpg

rearseat.jpg

passengerfloor.jpg

spaghetti.jpg

leftovers.jpg

After 2 whole layers throughout the floors, this is what i have left over. I plan to do one more layer and the hatch with the Fatmat. The doors will be done in Second Skin Damp Pro because I don't want to become one of those horror stories you hear about.

Should prove interesting - you're gonna notice that weight a good bit, at least I did.

My 15" RD Alpha in my 2007 MS3 was pretty **** loud considering it was in a halfass box and on an RD1000.1, enjoy it. I'll be watching.

Wow. That is a lot of matting! I don't envy you putting all that **** down. Hopefully that thing is as smooth as a Caddy after all that.
Granted mine is a few years older, but the car drove out very well. It's a very powerful, very quick car that rides very well from the factory - hell the factory tires are not bad atall to be honest.

Well I went and picked up some goodies today while I had a chance...seems like I've been soo busy helping other people do stuff that I haven't had time to work on this build. Anywho here's a couple of pics:

goodies.jpg

Here was a match made in heaven....I coudnt' for the life of me find a way to run the power wire through the firewall, then I found this "plug/grommet":

grommet.jpg

Here we are with heat shielding on there, apparently this is the best stuff they had. It's able to withstand 650 degrees FH.

heatshielded.jpg

Be gentle, this is my first time using heat shrink and wire protection.

heatshrink.jpg

General mock up, but it looks like this is how it's going to go. It'll end up more symetrical.

mockup.jpg

looks great so far, wiring looks good too. it took me until after i installed everything to find the grommets in the back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif keep up the work meng, waiting to see the finally product.

im just wondering if you lost your air conditioning controls when you replaces the head unit. in the picture is looks like you still can use the monitor for the AC control but you lose the disk track info. pls let me know. i would love to replace the factory headunit!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.