2008 meca rules. DRIVE BY SPL is now park and bump

This is the same sort of shitstorm that happened with the MAXI fuses too. Actually let me take that back, it was much worse //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Im not really complaining since I never liked drive-by all that much to begin with. While I dont think it will drive down membership any or effect it at all, its sort of a bummer to drain a little more fun out of it all.

What I do think is hurting MECA is that they have little or no advertisment to the masses. Ive told Steve as well as many R&E committee members this for years but its fallen of deaf ears every time. Here is a good example - Carl Casper. Not one mention on Carl Casper flyers or their website about MECA or the Loudest of Louisville event. However they do mention in their radio ads a "crank it up contest" .... WTF? Crank it up contests are for retards, this is a professional competition on saturday!

Its a 3x event, not a stupid ass "crank it up contest". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif
Yes I would agree with advertising. But the more fun you take out of the sport the fewer people will spend with meca. For me as we as others it is not worth spending all that money just to be bored and get a trophy. I go solely for the fun. While I am there I would like to win. But it use to be so much more fun back in the day. Stereo comps were about having fun. Getting in your stuff showing everybody your system etc. Anymore most comps won't let you demo. I think lack of fun is what is killing the sport IMO

Uh oh. everybody keep an eye on the post over there I found out something interesting. Should be posted today hopefully. I talked to somebody on R & E and found out something very interesting... just keep an eye on the board I can't say

Uh oh. everybody keep an eye on the post over there I found out something interesting. Should be posted today hopefully. I talked to somebody on R & E and found out something very interesting... just keep an eye on the board I can't say
Don't do **** like that to me.

PM me if you must, I'm not going to be around all day to check the boards.

Ehhh I talked to them and now they told me not sure how to handle it so maybe no post so forget I said anything. Sorry guys. At first they said they were going to post. so no decision so disregard sorry guys

"I am ok with the rule I guess. I just don't like how it is being handled. And banning Joe while letting other nonmembers voice their opinion? Where's the logic in that! I am very disappointed. I don't agree with how Steve handled this nor how MY competitors are conducting themselves on here. Threatening to leave?

But I am the one who looks like an idiot not even knowing about this rule change. For the record I had nothing to do with any of this and just found out about it yesterday when it was brought to my attention by Chris."

This was posted by ken from SPL R &E. He wasn't even aware of it so what does that say..... I personally smell something fishy

man **** got nasty over there. Lots of implications to Ken's post. I dont know what to make of it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

man **** got nasty over there. Lots of implications to Ken's post. I dont know what to make of it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Yeah I have to admit... I mean before it was a slight concern when i had a bunch of SQ guys making the rule. Now I find out one of the spl guys on R & E wasn't even asked to vote on the rule change. Makes me wonder if there is corruption in the ranks over there .......

Yeah I have to admit... I mean before it was a slight concern when i had a bunch of SQ guys making the rule. Now I find out one of the spl guys on R & E wasn't even asked to vote on the rule change. Makes me wonder if there is corruption in the ranks over there .......
Im thinking no communication on that topic.

as I said on the MECA forums, it sounds more like MECA as a club can't AFFORD driveby because of the insurance vendor. Everybody wants to suggest ways around it, but unless we all hear what the insurance people have to say, it is what it is. its lame, but I'm not gonna go anywhere. Leaving MECA doesn't make it better

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.