2008 meca rules. DRIVE BY SPL is now park and bump

gey..... its called drive by for a reason. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I think that "you cant be in vehicle" has always been a rule just not really enforced
2007 rule says

"ONLY the owner /member or support team member may sit in the vehicle during the pass and must sit it and operate the system from the driver seat". So not even close actually the complete opposite which *****

Rule is in disscusion (sorta) on the MECA forum.

As of right now, you pull up to the mic....you get out....and you do your music "run" for 30 seconds and you get an average SPL score of that time allotment.

It really shouldnt be called drive by anymore, but im sure it will stick for now. I think this whole thing stemmed from people getting run over entirely or getting their feet run over during people's runs. The modification to the rules was a "tweak" as far as MECA is concerned for saftey reasons.

allthough, no rules were supposed to be changed for 3 years since they banned the Maxi fuses last year.... but whatever.

There is has been a moderate backlash to the rule / operational change with some people & teams quitting MECA alltogether. Similar happened when the MAXI rule went into effect.

Rule is in disscusion (sorta) on the MECA forum.
As of right now, you pull up to the mic....you get out....and you do your music "run" for 30 seconds and you get an average SPL score of that time allotment.

It really shouldnt be called drive by anymore, but im sure it will stick for now. I think this whole thing stemmed from people getting run over entirely or getting their feet run over during people's runs. The modification to the rules was a "tweak" as far as MECA is concerned for saftey reasons.

allthough, no rules were supposed to be changed for 3 years since they banned the Maxi fuses last year.... but whatever.

There is has been a moderate backlash to the rule / operational change with some people & teams quitting MECA alltogether. Similar happened when the MAXI rule went into effect.
Cause dumbass onlookers always gotta have their face glued to the cars as they play music. Should just be no one allowed within 10ft of the car.

Cause dumbass onlookers always gotta have their face glued to the cars as they play music. Should just be no one allowed within 10ft of the car.
agreed. This rule does not bother me. If anything scores are just going to go up. No one is going to have to fly up to their sweet spot, you do not have to worry about going to far, past mic etc....... All around safer. Racing that 4 feet forward really is not that exciting either.

Well, I made my opinion abundantly clear on the meca forums.

This is gayer than richard simmons in a rainbow outfit singing "It's raining men".

There were so many better ways to get around this than turning it into a park-n-burp fest, but I guess they'd just rather lose some more veteran competitors than think logically about things.

Things got real nasty on the MECA fourms, they banned TypeRBass.....did they ban you too tommy ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I see that you got nasty with the Sq guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.