2008 meca rules. DRIVE BY SPL is now park and bump

Is it really that much of an inconvenience?
It's an inconvenience being out of the car, yes.

As for the sitting there in park thing, not so much of an inconvenience as it is lame. I can see the safety issues and understand the liabilities involved, but at least leave me the choice to sit in my car if I want to.

^ don't leave over not being able to sit in the car man. I like the idea of having to work real hard to chase your scores
You don't understand.

With the equipment I run and the stresses I put on it (along with only having 50 amps of fusing), I really have to run my equipment on the edge to do the scores I do.

Not being able to sit in the car during driveby is like having to burp my car blindfolded.

I can't see what's going on with my sub/fuses from outside the vehicle. I'm not gonna risk breaking ****/blowing my fuses.

My scores aren't going anywhere. Since the classes are the same then you can chase last years scores. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

where's the mike elder spirit: at least 1 sub blown per comp
I don't get free subs like mike elder (or at least cheap ass replacements).

Plus if I lose one sub then my run is over. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I feel that, I saw ur most recent post on meca forums too. man I can't argue with that being some BS. nevertheless, DON'T LEAVE THE CLUB
Well, if they can make an ammendment to the rule then perhaps I'll reconsider it.

Maybe I just won't compete in driveby though, unless they allow me to sit in the car.

I seen your post about the 20 inch on your post on meca tommy. With the insurance I understand the change but still think we could have got around it. But I still see why they went this route at first. But changing the inches on mic placement. they really couldn't stand not changing anything could they. It would have been like telling the little kid not to push the big red button

I can honestly say when I heard there was going to be "tweaks"........... I knew something was up.

Out of all the recent changes to the rules, I must admit not sitting in the vehicle is the goofiest of them all. No real explanation that makes sense has been offered as the logic for this decision.

Yeah agreed snoopdan. Me and tommy have asked many times and they won't even give a reason. But Honestly i am going to back down a little because his mods or steve isn't responding so I am having a feeling we might have pushed a little hard. So I will tone it down a bit but I still would like an answer about the insurance. Prob really pissed him off

I'll be in judge training this weekend with steve in tennesee, im not going to ask specifically about the issue but we'll see if its brought up at all.
While you're at it, why don't you ask what I'm supposed to do about the 20" rule since nobody has answered me on the forums. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

While you're at it, why don't you ask what I'm supposed to do about the 20" rule since nobody has answered me on the forums. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
dont hold your breath on that one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

There is officially supposed to be a "discussion" about the 2008 rules during the meetings, and im sure that will come up.

dont hold your breath on that one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
There is officially supposed to be a "discussion" about the 2008 rules during the meetings, and im sure that will come up.
Maybe you can find this "R&E" guy, I hear he's a tweaker

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.