2008 meca rules. DRIVE BY SPL is now park and bump

Things got real nasty on the MECA fourms, they banned TypeRBass.....did they ban you too tommy ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
I see that you got nasty with the Sq guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
No, i'm still there.

Probably because I have a paid membership through july. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I hate it when the SQ guys try to shove their nose into places it doesn't belong.

They don't let SPL guys make up ridiculous rules for SQ.

Ahhh crap I better check to see if I am banned to. i added a nice long response for you over there tommy. why did they even ban type R bass? hey didn't really say crap ... not sure if he is banned just what snoop dan said

Ahhh crap I better check to see if I am banned to. i added a nice long response for you over there tommy. why did they even ban type R bass? hey didn't really say crap ... not sure if he is banned just what snoop dan said
Yes he was ip banned. It was because he gave his feelings on the subject without having an up to date membership. Steve Stern is going to lose greatly for this mistake. Nomatter how many times he says says that MECA is growing, truth is its dieing. MECA will soon join SLAP in my opinion. I dont think that Steve understands that most competitors in MECA are spl and they are the ones he is driving away, so in the end all that will be left is SQ, wich maybe then he will be happy.

I dont even know what to say about it really //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Out of the number of things I thought meca should change, this definately wasnt even in my top 50 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I guess when I compete in driveby (which I really dont do all that often anyways) i'll just drag my head unit out and do my 30 second run. BOOORRRRING.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I dont even know what to say about it really //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Out of the number of things I thought meca should change, this definately wasnt even in my top 50 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I guess when I compete in driveby (which I really dont do all that often anyways) i'll just drag my head unit out and do my 30 second run. BOOORRRRING.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Well last year all i cared about was driveby, cause i got to run my daily setup and have alote of fun. Now this is taking away the only thing i enjoy at shows.

whats worse is that the people that I know whom complain the most about changes like this, havent even posted in that thread yet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I cant say id blame anyone for not participating though. I dont have much choice since there is no dbdrag nor USACi in my area, so my team mates and I will grin and bear it.

whats worse is that the people that I know whom complain the most about changes like this, havent even posted in that thread yet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
I cant say id blame anyone for not participating though. I dont have much choice since there is no dbdrag nor USACi in my area, so my team mates and I will grin and bear it.
Well in all honesty im thinking about canceling my next setup anddroping MECA. I just cant stand the rule changes every year. I just hate the fact that i spend so much time and money into competing and it means nothing to Stern because im not SQ.

Yeah I tried to be unbiased on my opinions. but I personally think I had some great opinions and ideas over there. i am honestly surprised he hasn't banned my post yet. oh well. I have always loved meca I just think this is just totally crazy

I was going to post something of that sort (i'll do db drag, bassrace, etc.), but I refrained.

Probably because they'll say "good riddance" and "people will take your place", when in fact, nobody will. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

They've been saying that for 3 years and guess what, every year the competitions get smaller and smaller.

I was going to post something of that sort (i'll do db drag, bassrace, etc.), but I refrained.
Probably because they'll say "good riddance" and "people will take your place", when in fact, nobody will. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

They've been saying that for 3 years and guess what, every year the competitions get smaller and smaller.
Yeah. They went with the approach like they would their kids. If you don't like it get over it.... one problem. Your kids are pretty well stuck. competitors aren't. I understand they try to better the organization. But letting a few people extend their personal beliefs into rules doesn't mean the majority of the people will like it. Should take more of a vote. I like hot pockets you may not. you may like sushi and I strongly dislike it. What would it be like if there were just a few people deciding what can be eaten. A lot of people would be pretty upset. In a business aspect it is the same mistake most small business owners make. They try to sale/do things with the company that they personally would like. That is the biggest small business killer. Find out what the consumer wants. That is what make business grows. If you hate cats.... And I have a pet store that just sells cats am I going to get your business.... Now if I sell cats and dogs etc I might. This is basic business ethics that I think are being overlooked

This is the same sort of shitstorm that happened with the MAXI fuses too. Actually let me take that back, it was much worse //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Im not really complaining since I never liked drive-by all that much to begin with. While I dont think it will drive down membership any or effect it at all, its sort of a bummer to drain a little more fun out of it all.

What I do think is hurting MECA is that they have little or no advertisment to the masses. Ive told Steve as well as many R&E committee members this for years but its fallen of deaf ears every time. Here is a good example - Carl Casper. Not one mention on Carl Casper flyers or their website about MECA or the Loudest of Louisville event. However they do mention in their radio ads a "crank it up contest" .... WTF? Crank it up contests are for retards, this is a professional competition on saturday!

Its a 3x event, not a stupid ass "crank it up contest". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

They're going for the Deephitters demographic //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

You cheerleader you.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

They're going for the Deephitters demographic //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
You cheerleader you.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/spank.gif.0d78e34d42ea8780359e903aeb6697d6.gif I keeel you jimmy!

Well, I made my opinion abundantly clear on the meca forums.
This is gayer than richard simmons in a rainbow outfit singing "It's raining men".

There were so many better ways to get around this than turning it into a park-n-burp fest, but I guess they'd just rather lose some more veteran competitors than think logically about things.
7.jpg

What you said made me think of this.

But yeah, I was planning on doing MECA this next season, and now it is looking less and less appealing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.