2008 impala help

Participant count
  • Participant list

maliciousmagg0t

I just recently got a 2008 impala and i put 4 12" sony xplod subs and a 2 ch. 1500 watt crunch amp. I havent upgraded the interior speakers yet but plan to. My question is "do i need to upgrade the big 3 and my alternator and battery?" i assume i need to cause when the bass hits hard it dims the lights. If i do, how long of a cable will i need to buy to replace the big 3? Ill be using 0 gauge wire.

Also, has anyone installed sound dampener in the trunk of a 2008 impala? I put on one layer of 60mil thick dampener and it didnt make much of a difference. I have enough for a second layer but before i add it i just wanted to ask you guys for tips.

I would recomend big 3, 1500 watts is pretty hard on the stcok electrical, a better battery under the hood couldn't hurt either. If your still getting dim after that, you need to look at alt upgrades. I would say no more than 10 ft or wire would be plenty for Big 3, and the sound damp...what brand did you use? Alot of people to multiple layers on the trunk since the metal there takes a majority of the sound energy....

I went to audio technix and bought 25 sq ft of 60mil sound dampener. I put two layers on but the way my trunk is set up theres just some spots that i cant get to. After 2 layers there is still a bad rattle but not as bad. Sounds like its in all the spots i couldnt get to so i figured im screwed.

As far as the big 3 goes, i should just upgrade the battery and if it still dims do the alt and the wiring?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.