2008 hyundai sonata limited 2.4 4 cylinder alternator

Participant count
  • Participant list

RokintypeRs
10+ year member

Missouri
Well, my alternator finally gave out. Anyone know of a good place to get a good long lasting alternator that does at least 200 amps or more for a 2008 hyundai sonata 2.4 liter 4 cylinder? I can't find anything and the garage that made mine last went out of business...

Well, my alternator finally gave out. Anyone know of a good place to get a good long lasting alternator that does at least 200 amps or more for a 2008 hyundai sonata 2.4 liter 4 cylinder? I can't find anything and the garage that made mine last went out of business...
You could probably invest your money in better amps that put out rated power, and weren't terribly inefficient. But.... if you insist on an HO Alt.... there's plenty of companies available. Mechman, Ohio Generator, Tenney, DC Power, Excessive Amperage, Nation's..... They all have their ups/downs, but those are all pretty decent. None will be cheap since you have an uncommon car.

You could probably invest your money in better amps that put out rated power, and weren't terribly inefficient. But.... if you insist on an HO Alt.... there's plenty of companies available. Mechman, Ohio Generator, Tenney, DC Power, Excessive Amperage, Nation's..... They all have their ups/downs, but those are all pretty decent. None will be cheap since you have an uncommon car.
Thanks for the reply. I will look into these companies and see what I can do.

Avoid Tenney at all cost.... After ripping a bunch of people up, he is re-opening shop under the name amped alternators.

Avoid Tenney at all cost.... After ripping a bunch of people up, he is re-opening shop under the name amped alternators.
Sorry, I was mixing up Tenney with SINGER! Thanks for catching that.

singer alts are also pretty nice and durable with a good lifetime free labor repair warranty
Singer ^ There's the good one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.