2007 Impala with Bose speakers- got a few blown - looking for repair or replace ideas

Participant count
  • Participant list

nefariouscaine
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Was hoping to find someone that might have changed out the Bose speakers in recent GM cars. Would be great if someone did so in an Impala for direct comparison.

I got a few of the stock jobs blown right now and am about to either replace with same, repair, or get new stuff

I know for sure one of the stock front door panel speakers is getting on its last legs - sounds getting dirtier and she's rattling.

Pretty sure I got something blown on the rear deck but that thing is a PITA to take apart and I haven't had the info or money to start replacing those components and they still sound pretty darn good for being blown as they are so I haven't bothered to check exactly whats up there.

Pretty sure from what I've seen the front door panel speakers are 5 1/4 or 6 1/2. Mounting recs from good ole crutchfield say either or will with minor modding

rear deck is 6x9's and 3 or 3 1/2's

I've contacted GM about replacement speakers and the fronts run about 50 bucks each and the rears are sold as a set for about 150 for both the 6x9 & 3"

honestly the Bose (assuming its the 6x9's) put out an ample amount of bass and would be fine for most people with out a sub (i got friends that think I've had a small low powered sub installed since I bought it) At decent volume on a bass intense track they'll even move my rear view mirror a nice amount and you can feel them hit.

I really love the sound and bass response they have but think that they just can't handle the juice at high levels

Want suggestions on replacements that will give me similar or better output all around and aren't gonna blow when I really crank it up

you should still be under factory warenty however if not you can check on ebay for some used ones

Id opt for some regular infinity coax's, reference series or similar......They do an OK job for factory replacement stuff

you should still be under factory warenty however if not you can check on ebay for some used onesId opt for some regular infinity coax's, reference series or similar......They do an OK job for factory replacement stuff
car was bought used so no warranty for stereo (covers much of every thing else)

wait - looking over the carmax warranty thing i might be covered if i put the stock radio back in, remove my other stuff and take it in then - might be worth saving the money maybe - will have to call tomorrow

i'll check out infinity ref coax's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.