2007 Ford Ranger standard cab Sundown

Participant count
  • Participant list

bill77

So I've been out of systems for roughly 15 years, due to getting into motorcycles.. I recently some the bike and wanted something to keep me happy for a while, so I got a small system for my truck... In the past, I've had fairly loud systems, so I knew it would be hard to impress myself with bass, so I wanted to build a "all around sound" system in my truck... I drive a 2007 Ford Ranger standard cab, so air space is at a premium.. I didn't want to give up all my leg room, so a friend recommended the Sundown SD3 10 D2 sub... it's a shallow mount sub what requires vet little airspace.. once he convinced me too get that, I decided to get all Sundown Audio for my system...

System includes:

Kenwood headunit

The rest is all Sundown Audio:

SAE-600D. Monoblock 600 RMS class D for the sub

SD-3 10 D2. 10" 500 watt RMS Dual 2 ohm sub

SAE-50.4. Monoblock 300 RMS class AB for mids/highs

SA-6.5 CS V.2. 6.5 100 RMS components for mids/highs.

I was very impressed with the sound of it all... bass is okay, for having a box that is .55 cubic airspace... the mids/highs are fairly loud too... the system sounds very clear at loud volumes.. the only problem I'm having, is fighting the urge to but a snug-top on it and taking out the back window... lol..

Here some pics of the install that a friend and I did on the Friday that I received everything. ..

I'll be back to post the pics.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.