2007 Excelon KDC-991

Participant count
  • Participant list

trd_camry
10+ year member

I was just reading about the KDC-X991, Kenwood's newest excelon for 07. It suppose to have a high-speed ipod transfer and better search for music file...beside that it has a internal memory (i think 500mb) which you can rip songs directly from a cd into wma or mp3 and store it onto the HU. The HU suppose to come out in mid summer of 07 for about $600 US.

I really like the design of it...so for $600 its worth getting it? Or should i stick with last year model "the KDC-X990" since its went down on price which cost 250 less?

Both UN are fairly the same except the X990 doesnt have a search function..it has the Active Voice Manger or ACDrive..which i think ****..because you have to use the software to burn your songs in order to do a search..which in turn wont work with other HUs...

No doubt, it is a beautful deck. I have been wrestling with the head unit question myself. I am just about set on getting the X-990. You can save alot of money by getting it at crutchfield 349.00 shipped, You also will have the peace of mine of their coustomer service. Basicly the same unit as the X-991. I do like the design of the new X-991, but thats not enough to justify paying the difference in price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.