2006 Silverado - System Overhaul (Help Needed!!!)

Participant count
  • Participant list

EnjoyBass

So Cal
Hey Everyone!

Let me start by saying, I do not know very much about car audio. I have been trying to read, read, read, but I am still lost on a lot of topics. When I bought this truck I had a local stereo shop do the work, and it came out "OK" for what I paid, but now I am ready to tear it out - and Do it Right!

I'm looking for a powerful system, that keeps it clarity at louder volumes. This will not be for shows - only for personal enjoyment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

What I currently have in the truck (2006 Silverado 1500 - Extended cab):

(1) Optima Yellow Top Battery

(1) (WACK) Almani Capacitor Hi End 1.5F

(1) Alpine PDX 1.1000

(1) Alpine 4 Channel MRP-F250

(2) Kicker L7 DVC

(2) Infinity REF6020cs

(2) Infinity REF6422cf

(2) Kicker Tweeters (Not sure of the type)

(2) Alpine SBS-05DC Center Channels

(1) Alpine IVA-W505 DD Headunit

-Also have 3 "crap" Almani 7" screens. (2) headrests (1) passenger visor.

So to start things off....

- Are there any of these components that are not a good match?

- Any pointers as to what to start researching?

- All of the main cables are 8G and should probably be bigger....??

- I plan on doing the Big3, any advice?

Any help is appreciated, and sorry for the newb questions and grammer. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

View attachment 26530170

View attachment 26530171

View attachment 26530172

View attachment 26530173

well, first thing i would do is ditch the 8awg, as you mentioned, and run 2awg in the big3, and back to a fuse, or distro block that would split the 2awg power cable to 2x4awg, one for each amp. could probably get qaway with 8awg to the 4ch as it sits. next, i would go after tuning. you would be amazed at what good tuning would do for your system. were you given any info on the tuning of your enclosure? looks to be just compact sealed. what's the cu/ft per sub? separate chambered? the equipment should be decent for sound, once tuned right. your rear speakers are powered ok, but the fronts could use a bit more. i'm assuming the infinity tweeters are being used with the fronts, and the kicker tweeters are used as the center channel?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.