Backup camera help

Participant count
  • Participant list

black.

I've recently set up my aftermarket backup camera to my aftermarket indash headunit Jensen VM9424, and when I turn the key to the on position the camera pops up just fine with the back up lines perfect. When the car is started (engine running) the camera display goes on the fritz and becomes really scrambled. The picture rolls up and down like an old TV with bad reception. The backup kit came with a long yellow RCA wire which I hooked into the headunit under the camera input, and a DC type cable with a Red positive and black negative wire. The red positive was hooked up to the brown wire in the tail lamp and the negative wire was hooked up to the body. So to reiterate car off camera works fine, car turned on video quality is scrambled. If you happen to know what the problem is please let me know.

so, i assume that the tail lights are coming on, and it still happens? check your grounds, and connections, and make sure the signal cable is not run along with other things in the harness. most likely the fuel pump/wires are giving feed-back

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.