Participant count
  • Participant list

Funkyfred

3.5" dash

6.75" front doors(6.5" also fits)

6.75" rear doors(6.5" also fits)

10" alpine type s subwoofer

360.1 Rockford fodgate amp 90x2 rms

I have a roughly $350-550 budget on parts only for a new amplifier for my subwoofer (currently the 2 channel amp is powering it installed under my car seat by a pro) and replace the speakers in the front (space in dash and door so I'd like a 2 way or 3 way if feasible.,). I don't care about rear door. That can stay stock. Should I change it to a better coaxial speaker.? I don't have an amp for it..

I want to use the amp for the fronts and think a 2 way component system is much easier for me to tune. I'm definitely just listening to podcasts and music. I just want the sounds to be soft deep and pleasing which is why I would like components but I fear the tweeter in the dash will be annoying if the sound is too high. Would a 3.5" be better ? I feel so...

- Could I leave the dash speaker as is, replace the door speaker with a woofer of sorts and create a new space for a tweeter glued somewhere? Would a 2 channel amp still work? How much should I pay go have someone wire this for me?

Is this something a noob can do over a weekend?

Head unit volume goes up to 38 but I can't get itover26 without distortion. I don't like it near 30... It is too loud for me. I'd rather have something that uhh... I have no ide a what it even means but more SQL than SPL? Did I say it right? Better quality versus playing clear at loud volumes. I do like hip hop such as Eminem as well as listening to podcasts and talk radio. What do you recommend?

Whatever you say I'll do. I'm obviously the dumb kid asking the experts for their time ... So thank you for your time.

Currently

Kenwood Excelon DPX791BH

Rockford Fosgate 360.1 (old amp, sticker says 90x2 rms)

^ This amp powers a 10" Alpine type S Subwoofer.

Stock speakers in dash, front doors and rear doors.

Sizes:

Dash: 3.5"

Front Doors: 6.5" or 6.75"

Rear Doors: 6.5" or 6.75"

Amp is currently under my car seat and was installed when I had my factory radio..... I BELIEVE he spliced into the main wire because I see a bright red wire much much thicker and taped behind wiring harness or.. you know.. like into it. The one connected to the car

Spliced wire connected to wire from car --> connected to adapter harness --> connected to head unit.

Would that cause less power to go to my other speakers or cause the subwoofer to get the wrong signal instead of having it correctly connected to the subwoofer port? Should I take a picture for you tonight?

I am interested in replacing the fronts with components but I feel a tweeter in the dash would cause sound to be too "tinny" or high. Not like 3.5" creates any bass.... but I would feel it is different than a 1" or 3/4" tweeter. I've never heard a component system so I have no idea what I'm getting into. This is my first audio build and install. I took it to a shop to have the subwoofer installed. I only connected the head unit myself.

I am interested in getting these components. What do you think of them?

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/speaker-classifieds/618463-cdt-components-6-5-extra-midbass.html

I was interested in a 3 way system so that I could have a 3" speaker in the dash, a 6.5" in the door and I'd take it to a shop or find a way to install a tweeter into the A pillar?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.