2004 Pontiac GTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

zane
10+ year member

Bored.....
2004 Pontiac GTO

http://www.pontiac.com/gto/index.js...e&pagename=home

Not that it looks bad, but it certainly does not deserve the GTO Badge.

We have an 04' Red GTO (Manual) on the lot in town, and after giving it the look over, under, inside out, and taking her for a spin, I have one conclusion:

Just another Cavalier knock off.

I'll make the prediction that this car dies off horribly, and within the next year or two tops.

Back to the drawing board for the GTO Pontiac.

This is new creation, is definately not GTO Material.

I don't think the GTO is a BAD car, just should have never been called the GTO, cause... it's just not a GTO...

IMO... they should have scrapped that ugly ass 2004 Grand Prix and used what is now the GTO (AKA a Holen something or other...) as the grand prix, cause it's atleast acceptable as kick-ass GP...

Generous Motors is just dumb, and this is the best example since they introduced a re-bodied Grand Am and called it an Impala... they had it right in 96, but NOOOO...

oh shhhh Jmac //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

and ya that thing definitely does not deserve the title of GTO

:hilarious //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :hilarious //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif hahahahaha, you have silly buddies Jmac

I have just one question, how is it not GTO material if it not only meets, but surpasses every single performance, handling, emissions, and efficiency rating of the former GTO? Granted it may not be the right body style to carry on the traditional image, but for the money..finding a RWD muscle car for that cheap w/those features is a hard feat. I'll be ****ed surprised if you don't see more and more of them around. 9 out of 10 reviews I've read, as well as taking a look throughout the car at a local dealership all tell me that they've done a **** good job and it will be at least a worth succesor. Granted it may not create another legend..but it will certainly hold it's own.

"IMO... they should have scrapped that ugly ass 2004 Grand Prix and used what is now the GTO (AKA a Holen something or other...) as the grand prix, cause it's atleast acceptable as kick-ass GP..."

I believe you're talking about the Holden, Monaro..which I agree they should've left more monaro in their GTO...but with the new parts and designs came improvements as well. The important part that 5.7 L V8 is what they just nailed perfectly...

It's that blasted cost issue again. The boys at GM wanted to make a "replacement" for the Firebird, but did not want to dump a ton of money into developing a new platform right now. So that's why we get the re-badged Holden Monaro--for now. Rumor has it the current GTO is only intended to last about three years so they can develope a new chassis. The GTO will probably get re-designed onto the new chassis the new Camero will be getting.

The current GTO is supposed to be more "European" in its road manners, so it won't be as raw as the T/A. My only complaints: 1.) It's 500 lbs. heavier then the 'vett. 2.) The re-designed fuel tank location takes up too much trunk space, making a convertable model impossible, and raises the center of gravity at the back of the car; which is lousy for track use. 3.) The body design is too plain; not very "Pontiac" in its image. But that is to be blamed on the Holden car company, who's body designs are rather conservative. And no, it does not do the GTO any justice.

But other than that, it's a nice car. No T/A replacement, but nice.

Conclusion: The performance is O.K., the interior is nice, the body style needs to change, and the car needs to go on a diet (Too heavy).

At least it has a real nice set of front seats.

Later.

You just DON'T bring back a muscle car ...

You don't make it look like the new cars that look like space ships.

A muscle car has that special sound when you shut the doors. The power. The torque. Metal, not plastic. No technology crap.

To me it looks like a Grand Am/Grand Prix/Sunfire combination ripoff. I'd still drive one if it was given to me, but hey ... I'm not in line to buy one.

A muscle car is a muscle car. And this doesn't look like one.

- Steve

A muscle car has that special sound when you shut the doors. The power. The torque. Metal, not plastic. No technology crap.

To me it looks like a Grand Am/Grand Prix/Sunfire combination ripoff. I'd still drive one if it was given to me, but hey ... I'm not in line to buy one.

- Steve

Agreed.

Only company that I know of that is bringing back an original muscle car, and doing it right is Ford.

The soon to be in production GT40.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

GT40 was a race car, not a muscle car, though it flexed like frankenstein on steriods...

and the Ford GT is NICE, the cobra concept is a disgrace though...

and just cause I'm only 20 doesn't mean I don't know anything about muscle, I'm restoring a 72 442 with my father.... 455 (drooling)

- Steve
So run this by me again...how since the new car has much improved technology, with say...better sealing quieter doors...better suspension, efficiency..etc...It can't possibly be a muscle car? Muscle cars in their day looked similar to other cars on the road w/the difference of slight body mods and the power ratios..What's wrong w/a slightly sophisticated muscle car...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...