2003 SE pics anybody?

excuse me for a sec i have to run to the bathroom //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I was wondering...which RE sub line is best suited for SQ applications? SPL isn't a real big deal to me, I just want something that sounds really nice.
xxx will probably have the best sq and next is the hc

I was wondering...which RE sub line is best suited for SQ applications? SPL isn't a real big deal to me, I just want something that sounds really nice.
well i kinda told a lil white lie to this kid in town and sold him my 15 Hc and told him the Hc sounded better when i had heard one in the past than the W7. after hearing both the Hc sounded like ass. then i ripped his front baffle off and made him resin it then rebuilt the front baffle for him and now the thing slams. although the Hc sounds just as good as the W7 IMO and Sq is subjective. the Hc is their "Sq" line and the XXX is their top end send gobs of power if needed and slam out serious #'s but can still sound good doing it. oh and Dave you smell;).

adam

I've been looking into buying some good subs, and I saw this forum about the SE's. I can't figure out what brand they are, and I don't know anything about them. Can anyone give me the specs and price range? THanks.

I've been looking into buying some good subs, and I saw this forum about the SE's. I can't figure out what brand they are, and I don't know anything about them. Can anyone give me the specs and price range? THanks.
the Se is made by resonant engineering, a small company, but awesome nonetheless

The Se line is close to the lower rung of RE's line up, but still offfers incredible performace, more spl inclined than their higher models they get very loud while maintaing more than average sq. RMS ratings on them are capable around 600 or so I believe, they like to be ported and though I have not heard them there are plenty of people on here that can tell you more than I can.

the Se is made by resonant engineering, a small company, but awesome nonetheless
The Se line is close to the lower rung of RE's line up, but still offfers incredible performace, more spl inclined than their higher models they get very loud while maintaing more than average sq. RMS ratings on them are capable around 600 or so I believe, they like to be ported and though I have not heard them there are plenty of people on here that can tell you more than I can.
Se's are fantastic little LOUD subs. they are louder than DD3500 series and will sound better on top of it. i recommend them to many people and i myself will be running some SeXXX's very soon.

adam

A series are more sq inclined, but still have spl out the a$$, I would say the Ses comprable in spl, if not having more than the A, but can't say for sure as I have never listened to either.
ok well according to Dustin his SeXXX's were no louder than his A's. i'm fact the SeXXX's were over 1 db quieter in same setup and power i think.

adam

ok well according to Dustin his SeXXX's were no louder than his A's. i'm fact the SeXXX's were over 1 db quieter in same setup and power i think.
adam
Depends on power, tuning, and enclosure size.

Im sure in some cases the A's are louder...some the SE would win.

The SExxx is more geared for SPL and can really excell in a pure spl install, but they dont sound "THAT BAD"...I listen to them every day. I guarantee they are 100 fold better sounding than most "pure spl" subs,

Ok, i have been tuning in to this thread for sometime now. So from my understanding, the A's are SQ subs. The SeXXX's are spl subs. Although the A's get loud, they are still SQ. Ok, say if both subs are going to be ran off a Tsunami 1800. Sending bout 900W to each. Which sub would be better? Would it still be neck and neck in SPL but the A takes it in SQ. or will the SPL of the Sexxx take the A at a rate i could really tell but lack horribly in SQ?

Sorry if any of this sounds stupid. I just want to put together a system that i wouldnt have to be dissapointed with

Ok, i have been tuning in to this thread for sometime now. So from my understanding, the A's are SQ subs. The SeXXX's are spl subs. Although the A's get loud, they are still SQ. Ok, say if both subs are going to be ran off a Tsunami 1800. Sending bout 900W to each. Which sub would be better? Would it still be neck and neck in SPL but the A takes it in SQ. or will the SPL of the Sexxx take the A at a rate i could really tell but lack horribly in SQ? Sorry if any of this sounds stupid. I just want to put together a system that i wouldnt have to be dissapointed with

There is one person that I know of that has owned both of them...well, maybe a few more, but he said that the A's have metered higher than the SeXXX's in his testing...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.