out of phase?

magic_wizard
10+ year member

Atlanta
I have 2 magnums sealed, each in its own chamber, and as I was watching them move, it seamed like they didn't have identical movesments. Tey are running in mono from a pg tantrum 1200.1 amp. Could it be that one is out of phase? If this were the case, would it be completely obvious? It was kinda hard for me to tell, but I definitely noticed that one was moving differently than the other. One thing that could be making a difference is the black terminal thing on my box. The thing is that I noticed some air (barely noticeable) coming out of it, and there are loud rattles coming from there too. Anyways, if they are out of phase, I'll have to take the subs out. Is it ok to use the same screwholes, or do I need to seal them up and drill again? Also if they are out of phase, I will go to Hifi buys and pee all over their install area. This would be like the millionth thing they've screwed up.

If they were out of phase then they would have little to no bass output. I think you would definitely notice it if they were out of phase. It could be the fact that one side is leaking and the other isnt..this is my first guess.

Nope, otherwise you would complaining about how you wasted your money on them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I think the terminal plate just isn't sealed very well, that's all.

Nope, otherwise you would complaining about how you wasted your money on them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I think the terminal plate just isn't sealed very well, that's all.
Yeah, I think it's that too. How would I go about sealing it up tight? Should I line it on the inside with caulk. I noticed when I got it that there wasn't any sealant on there. I also think some air is leaking from the holes in the terminals where the wires go. How would I go about fixing that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.