2003 dodge 1500 cab system ideas?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Kybasshead75

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Ky
Girlfriend changed her mind and wants me to put a little system in her truck for her bday. Boxes will be behind the seats, already did the math and can get about 1.25 cubes net(per box) with the space available, accounting for all displacements while running an aeroport setup. I think she'll be happy with it ported.

Anybody have any experience running ported in a truck cab w aeros? Any particular sub/port orientation that seems to work best? I was thinking sub forward behind the seat with aero firing on top of box which will load onto the walls and upper top corners of the cab and will be right behind her head for max effect.
I've already ran some tests and two subs in the corners seems to have a more even response than one in the far corner so far.
I've seen some really good sounding down firing setups in a truck cab as well. It will be a fun quick build, always good to hear others experience and advice here thanks again!

Girlfriend changed her mind and wants me to put a little system in her truck for her bday. Boxes will be behind the seats, already did the math and can get about 1.25 cubes net(per box) with the space available, accounting for all displacements while running an aeroport setup. I think she'll be happy with it ported.

Anybody have any experience running ported in a truck cab w aeros? Any particular sub/port orientation that seems to work best? I was thinking sub forward behind the seat with aero firing on top of box which will load onto the walls and upper top corners of the cab and will be right behind her head for max effect.
I've already ran some tests and two subs in the corners seems to have a more even response than one in the far corner so far.
I've seen some really good sounding down firing setups in a truck cab as well. It will be a fun quick build, always good to hear others experience and advice here thanks again!
Man, I have tried at least 8 different setups in my single cab f150. What a pain.lol. Some setups may have been user error where I designed the box myself and other setups just didn’t sound as good. I finally realized that subs up/port up sounds best. I liked down firing the least.
I didonce have a t-line with two 6.5’s that was second loudest. Here is what I currently have but it will be coming out within the week.

bench seat?

0D45A8AF-AE49-4763-8CB3-61A8DE9FA184.jpeg
20481E6D-B6C3-4977-8541-25F7DC9A9A3C.jpeg

Well, guess it would help if it was a pic with the sub huh,lol. I’m running a Lethal Injection 12”
Man that's a beautiful and will sound great I'm certain and excellent choice I was thinking of getting the same thing as I enjoy sound quality and a huge incriminator audio fan. That was the first thing I asked her because hers has that gigantic space in the middle but she wants the room in case she has the cart her two grandbabies around.
I was already wanting to fire the port up and sub forward but I have no doubt it would sound better with sub and port facing up it makes sense because you're firing right into the furthest back corners. I should still be able to run a pair of tens that way as my top depth can be 10.5.
Great work on the console love it

How do you like your lethal injection I'm seriously considering getting a few for another upcoming build
Love my sub, my prob is I’m used to “trunk “ bass that you get in a sedan. This single cab is not easy to work with and makes a sound I’m not used to. I’ve never had a setup where the sub is in the “open”. My setups has always been in a trunk. I am replacing this setup but keeping the sub. H3ck, took 12 weeks for me to finally get the sub after I ordered it.

I also ran this setup with a pair of Dayton HO 10’s. Really liked this setup but the part of the box the goes behind the seat was just about an inch too deep. Causing my seat to sit up too far. My daily though, I did the measurements. @Buck designed the box! Those 10’s sound really nice. The nee box I’m in the process of building looks just like this one but I’m using an aero port that will fire behind passenger seat vs driver seat.
662EC32E-6353-463C-9E93-3221611FB00B.jpeg
20CE8AC6-4015-4184-BE9A-3F188A549951.jpeg
FB42F6CD-6ECA-45EC-B107-EEB17A5D8C62.jpeg

That's what I'm talking about man I love using aeros too nice! I like that box looks like it's subs forward port to side
Correct. Port will be firing behind passenger seat this time. It was meant to fire straight up but when I designed this box, I screwed up and was looking at my old box plans . Before I realized, I didn’t want to waste the wood so I just decided to try it port to the side. I just hope that the right side doesn’t cause loading issues.

2005 Dodge Standard Cab. 4 - 8's behind the seat. The seats are all the way back. I'm 6 foot tall. 4 cubes net tuned to 33 hz.

20210201_172007.jpg
20210201_220000.jpg

2005 Dodge Standard Cab. 4 - 8's behind the seat. The seats are all the way back. I'm 6 foot tall. 4 cubes net tuned to 33 hz.

View attachment 31460View attachment 31461
I remember you doing that build Bobby that is awesome! I've always ran quad setups behind the seats in my trucks loved em. I would do that too but she wants the space in the middle to throw her gigantic woman suitcase and other stuff in. It's so funny girls are always like I don't want too much and I need this space but when you get them hooked on that bass they change their tune and become just like us. I've seen it too many times.

I remember you doing that build Bobby that is awesome! I've always ran quad setups behind the seats in my trucks loved em. I would do that too but she wants the space in the middle to throw her gigantic woman suitcase and other stuff in. It's so funny girls are always like I don't want too much and I need this space but when you get them hooked on that bass they change their tune and become just like us. I've seen it too many times.

So, go with 2 - 8's or 6-½'s behind the driver's seat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...