2003 Audi A4 Car Speaker Wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

blinds

As of right now, I have Kenwood 9104d mono amp.

Over this summer, I'm looking to replace the head unit, and all the car speakers. Basically what I'm looking for is somewhere I can find information about all the car speakers, as google hasn't turned up anything conclusive. So far I've found many different sites, some saying I have as little as 4 speakers, some saying up to 10. Are there any sites with information telling me where and what size speakers I have?

Also, I was wondering whether or not I will need a multi-channel amp to power all the speakers, and what kind of work that would entail. What I've found so far is that if I don't get an amp, I can just use all the factory wiring to hook up new speakers, while if I do choose to use an amp, would I have to redo all the wiring, and if not, what kind of wiring would be involved? Also, what kind of wiring am I looking at for replacing the head unit and the speakers at the same time, with or without an amp?

The problem you are having is because there are several version of the audio system available in the vehicle. If im not mistaken there is the regular audio system and then the symphony system. Also, different resources count speakers differently. For instance some place count a component set (mid/tweeter) as one speaker while other resources may say a component set is 2 speakers.

This is the general set-up, im pretty sure atleast the symphony system has a center channel speaker as well.(cant say for sure though)

Car Deck Size - CORPORATE PANEL

Speaker Specifications

Location Size / Depth

Front Speaker 5.25 / 3

Front Tweeter 1 / 0.75

Rear Speaker 6.5 / 1.8

Rear Speaker 5.25 / 3

Subwoofer 10 / 5

The main thing about your vehicle is they are not as common and are a Euro. some place dislike them more than others. Really the best thing to do is to manually check the speaker sizes. IF you want to power the speakers, yes you would need a multi-channel amp. I would reccomend a deck to drive any amp but you could try to use a line-out convertor. Be careful though if you have the symphony system that the speakers you tap do not have a crossover because you'd ideally want a full-range.

If you wanted to install a deck youd need:

Metra Electronics Corp. 99-9107B

Audi A4/S4 installation kit

Metra Electronics Corp. 40-VW53

VW Antenna Adapter (Amplified)

Metra Electronics Corp. 70-1787

Factory amplifier integration harness(if you have symphony)

or possibly:

Metra Electronics Corp. 70-1784

Volkswagen 1987-Up - Into Car

You would also need EURO radio removal tools. I did one of these just the other day except it was a 2005 symphony version. Its really not too bad if you have the right tools. Theres a couple way to install a 4 channel amp. The best way I think is to run all new speaker wires to the speakers from the amp. IF this is not possible or you dont have the resources/time you can take a spped wire or 4 runs of wpeaker wire and run them up behind the deck and connect them to the speaker wires coming out of the adaptor harness instead of connecting them to the deck. You get more power loss this way though because it has to go up front, then into 18-24awg wire then run back to the speakers.

If you have any other questions please feel free.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.