2001 Tiburon System Recommendation

Participant count
  • Participant list

Swinger Vic
10+ year member

Hey all,

Friends 15 y/o got a 2001 Hyundai Tiburon auto w/80K miles for first car. I promised to pay for a small system

Issues

Doors look 6x8 with tweeter flat on dash. Want 6.5 comps w/soft domes and 80 wpc. Would prefer to stay with same brand for all items (comp, sub, amp)

Hatchback with fold down seats, seat backs seem wimpy to attach an amp adn will push a box back further into trunk space.

Want a small 4 x 80-100 amp. I have a NIB ED 9.2 and 9.4 I could use, using both will be excessive. Adequate bridged power for a single sub 10/12 due to space. She doesnt need to bump.

I have all installation supplies cable/rca/etc.

wanting to go with 1 brand is really going to limit your options.

if you are willing to go with different brands, get a set of cadence ccx comps, a single mb quart rwe 12 in d2 should do the trick for you (i believe woofers ect has these for ~80 shipped)

and the doors should be 6.5s,

Thanks for the recommendations so far.

Plan for now is

NIB EDesign 9.4 (have) 65wpc front. Will buy Edesign 6.5 comps (135) or see if there are good cheap 6.5's at 3 or 2 ohms. 45$ to install locally.

Have Edesign 12 sub 4 ohm. Bridge rear of 9.4 for 150 watts in simple sealed box. 85$ for simple sealed carpeted box. Retain factory 6.8 in rear.

Need to see if her deck has multiple RCA outs....doubt it.

Vic

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.